Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home ec booklet and the assignments

Options
  • 11-03-2009 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

i don't kno how to do my booklet and the assignments for home ec
    can anybody help?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

lastmi wrote: »
    i don't kno how to do my booklet and the assignments for home ec
    can anybody help?????

um, i am guessing you are in 5th yr....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

~Candy~ wrote: »
    um, i am guessing you are in 5th yr....

ya i was thinking that myself cause if your not...well lets say you have a minor problem!!as im not sure what the date was but ours were sent of quite some time ago!!

ya i was thinking that myself cause if your not...well lets say you have a minor problem!!as im not sure what the date was but ours were sent of quite some time ago!!

minor?:rolleyes::)
    yea ours was send off in early Nov..
    it was such a pain.. :p

anyway, my advice to you would be...just do what the teacher tells you to , and DO IT ON TIME, DO NOT MISS THE day actual cooking part ( otherwise you d have no idea of what is going on)...it gonna take ye while to do the 1st one then you will get the hang of it after awhile...

the spaces are limit so make sure you will fit in all of your writting in it..hmm what esle, do them while its fresh in your mind, because you WILL forget it about soon..

and no one can do it you...you have to do it yourself

~Candy~ wrote: »
    minor?:rolleyes::)
    yea ours was send off in early Nov..
    it was such a pain.. :p

Perhaps it was an understatement haha:P ya ours were sent around then too!!there very annoying to do!!

and bascally just do as Candy here said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

there sent in to the SEC in october..so i hope for your sake.....ur in 5th year

do each one as your preparing them in class nothing worse than having them all to do....rather soul destroying !
    as a previous post said....do not miss the cooking!!!
    girl missed one in our school and the teacher wouldnt let her write it in her booklet because she wasnt in school for it!!!

• Advertisement

RandomIrl wrote: »
    girl missed one in our school and the teacher wouldnt let her write it in her booklet because she wasnt in school for it!!!

God thats a bit harsh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

works out at two percent for one assingment..apparently!!so its not terrrrible but i did think it was a bit harsh too but i suppose they couldnt take the risk of an examiner questioning it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lastmi

ya i'm in 5th year

well that clearsup a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

What does home-ec actually entail. Someone told me it's not all about cooking cakes and whatnot:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

RandomIrl wrote: »
    works out at two percent for one assingment..apparently!!so its not terrrrible but i did think it was a bit harsh too but i suppose they couldnt take the risk of an examiner questioning it

I thought the whole booklet was 20/25 %

theowen wrote: »
    What does home-ec actually entail. Someone told me it's not all about cooking cakes and whatnot:eek:

Nope it sure isnt!!!you have sociology which is about work,unemployment patterns,leisure,work life and family law with some other things!
    You have to learn about what nutrients are in foods and what they all do and how there made up(properties,functions)of both the foods and nutrients...phew
    Then there is consumer studies which is about consumer laws,housing,the consumer,insurance etc
    and then theres bits about textile studies but i dont do that!oh and kitchen applainces and how they work!!

So cooking is not a major part of the course really its about20% of it:D:D
    strongr wrote: »
    I thought the whole booklet was 20/25 %
    ya im sure it is not sure how it breaks down though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Sony0050

Ugh i hate da assignments ja ave urs dne?

Nope it sure isnt!!!you have sociology which is about work,unemployment patterns,leisure,work life and family law with some other things!
    You have to learn about what nutrients are in foods and what they all do and how there made up(properties,functions)of both the foods and nutrients...phew
    Then there is consumer studies which is about consumer laws,housing,the consumer,insurance etc
    and then theres bits about textile studies but i dont do that!oh and kitchen applainces and how they work!!

So cooking is not a major part of the course really its about20% of it:D:D

ya im sure it is not sure how it breaks down though

ahh...a sickening subject really,well, more like a love and hate relationship
    :D..i was just being put into the home ec class in 5th yr..i didnt even knew wot home ec was back then -_____-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Sony0050 wrote: »
    Ugh i hate da assignments ja ave urs dne?
    Please use English on this board!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Sony0050

Snap i nevr dne Home ec b4 aswell nd our teacher is a rite beeeeep:Pnd she wont help yah wit netin :(

Advertisement