Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to remove buzz from audio file?

Options
  • 11-03-2009 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

I've got a MP3 file that I need but its got a loud buzz throughout it. I can still hear the actually voice on the file but the buzz is really annoying and the voice can sometimes be hard to hear. Is anyway(or anyone) to remove the buzz from the file.

Theres 5 files in total that have the problem but they are all really small. They are 3.84mb combined in total.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

your best bet is to try Audacity.
    There is a noise remover on it. You can sample a part of the audio were there is no talking but the noise is there, even if its only a second or two and it will then process that over the whole file.
    Before you start, realise that you will never make it sound perfect, even with the best software. I use something called Bias Sound Soap which ain't cheap and still wouldn't 'clean' your file to perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

your best bet is to try Audacity.
    There is a noise remover on it. You can sample a part of the audio were there is no talking but the noise is there, even if its only a second or two and it will then process that over the whole file.
    Before you start, realise that you will never make it sound perfect, even with the best software. I use something called Bias Sound Soap which ain't cheap and still wouldn't 'clean' your file to perfection.

How do you find Sound Soap? I have the option to add it to my software suite, is there much point for an amateur like myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

How do you find Sound Soap? I have the option to add it to my software suite, is there much point for an amateur like myself?
    I suppose it depends on what you end up needing it for. It is a pretty powerful little tool. I got it because I required it at one stage to remove a bit of excess 'weather' from one clip and to try and clear up some ground hum on another. The ground hum could probably have been done well enough with something like audacity but as for trying to get as much clarity from a bad recording as you can goes, Soundsoap was the option. Don't buy it until you think you need it I say! Then again, I haven't delved into its uses too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Is it a stereo file from a recording that just might have the buzz on the left or right leg?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jorg

This is a reverse question. How can i make a recording sound "old" as in clicks and scratches etc.

I use Audacity too, which is a brilliant "free" programme

• Advertisement
Advertisement