Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

walking backwards

• 11-03-2009 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭

It's just occurred to me that most of the time when I'm looking for a shot I end up walking backwards. To get the perfect shot. I almost walked backwards off a cliff in Portugal once, I wonder how many photo related injuries happen because of this?
    elven lite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I almost did the opposite. When my house was in construction and the landing had no balustrade (bad builders, very poor health and safety awareness) I was shooting with my 10-20 Sigma with its ability to completely disorient and warp one's perception of space, totally oblivious to the 9 foot drop that my toes were already sticking out over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The opposite, nearly walked in to a few messes with my fisheye :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Broke my elbow, pretty seriously as a direct result of this in France, never to be repaired I'm afraid !:eek

Ryanair went up about a million percent in my estimation as a result. :P:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Fajitas! wrote: »
    The opposite, nearly walked in to a few messes with my fisheye :o

Me too, seriously distorts how close you are to something/body

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Covey wrote: »
    Broke my elbow, pretty seriously as a direct result of this in France, never to be repaired I'm afraid !:eek

Ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

But the camera gear was OK right???

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Ryanair went up about a million percent in my estimation as a result. :P:p

Speaking of which, I chipped my elbow last April slipping off a rock in Glendalough while taking a snap, the one below I believe. Painful visit to SwiftCare + a bit of physio afterwards. Not to be recommended.

2421633750_64b9f50bef_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

For the last year we have had a chin up bar in the door of the sitting room. For a year i didn't hit my head off it.

Having people around and a nifty fifty means i tend to snap portraits while people are just chatting, so i have been zooming with my feet.

I've hit my head off that damn bar about 5 times now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

alb wrote: »
    But the camera gear was OK right???

;)

Had to drive 100km with one arm and severe pain. Then two Ryanair flights, where they took exceptional care of me.

If the truth be told alcohol might have played a small part as well :rolleyes:

Camera was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Actually, I think Paddy@CIRL has a funny story about using a wide angle, and getting a spot too close to a car drifting... His feet are underneath the rear spoiler...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Lucky this guy goes back a couple of inches....and then still gets his shot without even flinching....dedication!

Here

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

pete4130 wrote: »
    Lucky this guy goes back a couple of inches....and then still gets his shot without even flinching....dedication!

Here

OMG........... the guy barely even flinched!!! And then just takes a few shots as if nothing out of the ordinary happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Fell on the rocks in Spanish Point one day, price, broken toe, consultation with Mammy, "live with it, it's not like they can do much about it anyway."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Here

Here's another unlucky sod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

^^^
    Very helpful cops in that one, Trish.

Some of my own injuries include;
    Kids soccer shots, 9 year olds running up to kick the ball, repeated instruction not to kick and just pretend blatantly ignored, add one ball to the wedding vegtables.

Some interesting tattoos and the odd burn to the bone whilst attempting to photograph laser ablation plumes or using IR as a light source.

And theres the classic injury from a rifle sight, eye too close to the sight, the viewfinder recoils when you pull the trigger and your instructor falls on you in a fit of laughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Here

You gotta love the way he first snaps away and only then goes to the rescue :P True Dedication lol...

No backwalking accidents here just yet...

Advertisement