Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christians in Cork

• 11-03-2009 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Just wondering are there any christians here in cork, I don't go to any church as I haven't felt called or drawn to any (yet). I am christian over a year and 22, female.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

hi boringteetotal, when you say you are christian for over a year, what do you mean by that? Have you recently converted from another religion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Overblood, while it is possible that you are simply fascinated in the OPs background and have no ulterior motives, please try to keep this thread on topic by providing an answer to question, not asking more questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Just wondering are there any christians here in cork, I don't go to any church as I haven't felt called or drawn to any (yet). I am christian over a year and 22, female.

boringteetotal, I don't know much about churches outside Dublin, I afraid. However, you can be certain that there are Christians of all different flavours and varieties in Cork. I would strongly suggest heading along to one that takes your fancy. No man (or woman) is and island, after all.

There are a few suggestions here for Pentecostal Churches in Cork

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055492163

Not sure if they would be your cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I would particularly recommend Grace Christian Fellowship http://www.graceireland.ie/.

They are a Pentecostal Church that meets in the Deerpark School at Turners Cross, and use the 2 gyms or assembly halls simultaneously as they get 600 or more attending on a Sunday morning. The age profile is predominantly young with most of the congregation being Irish, yet with a fair sprinkling of people from other countries. They use the occasional bit of Irish language and have a vibrant worship team, writing many of their own songs.

I've preached in Grace Fellowship a few times (I'm not a member - I'm from the other end of the country), and one thing that amazes me is that despite the large numbers attending, the pastors (Tom Burke & Mike O'Donovan) seem to know everybody by name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Overblood, while it is possible that you are simply fascinated in the OPs background and have no ulterior motives, please try to keep this thread on topic by providing an answer to question, not asking more questions.

There are no ulterior motives, I'm just interested in how he/she has just become a Christian.

Boringteetotaller, I'm sure there are lots of Christians in Cork. Have a shcazz on google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭homer911

Could you clarify whereabouts in Cork you are? Cork City or elsewhere?

Have you a preferred style of worship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 boringteetotal

Thanks for your help :)

Advertisement