Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to insert image. please

Options
  • 11-03-2009 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Can someone please tell me how to insert an image?? if i wanted to put an image up from google or whatever.

i know i click on the small image....

then.... please enter the url of the image.......... im not sure what i put in there.

everytime i try... an X appears, instead of a pic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Something like [NOPARSE]vbulletin3_logo_grey_2.gif[/NOPARSE]. The ending will be some sort of image format like .jpg, .gif, .png or another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

nah im afraid it still wont work for me. ah well. tanks anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Some forums have it disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You're making a monkey's bottom of it I'm afraid:), looking at where you've tried to do it here.

What you've done there somehow is left out half the address (see the dots when you run the mouse over it) and included www.boards.ie/vbulletin/ at the start. Which means it'll never work.

This is what you posted in the post I've linked to above:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/www.michaelseaver.net/.../jeanbutler1.jpg

See the "www.boards.ie/vbulletin/" bit? That shouldn't be there. See the ... bit (even when you run the mouse over it and check the address that appears at the bottom of your screen)? There's something missing from there. I don't know what the original address was so I can't help you there but that's what you're doing wrong if that helps:)

Now, me, I've always got images turned off so I pretty much never bother embedding them anyway so you're not alone if you just don't bother. Note that I didn't say you'd be in good company, just that you wouldn't be the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

ok so how do i find the proper address or url for a pic, when i click on google images, click on image i get

for example:
    340 x 468 - 22k - jpg - soccerlens.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/cri...
    Image may be subject to copyright.
    Below is the image at: soccerlens.com/.../6945/

where do i get the URL??

edit: wait i think i might have it....
    cristiano-ronaldo-entertainer.jpg

haha! got it...thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement