Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting up as friends.

Options
  • 11-03-2009 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi there.

I'm just going to throw this out there to see if anyone would actually like to meet up AS FRIENDS. I'm 28yo and find it hard to meet other gay guys purely as mates especially since the lads I meet at the bars just want one thing...and we all know what that is. I'm at the stage in my life where I just want to meet other gay guys who want to hang out as MATES. I'm over the clubs here in Dublin but find there's nowhere else to meet decent guys. So, are there guys out there who like to meet up for films, concerts etc etc or guys who are done with the bar life and still want to meet just for friendship?

Look fwd to hearing from anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Just out of curiosity, if you just want to be friends with them why do they have to be gay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nxblues

Because I have a lot of straight friends and I haven't met any gay mates since i arrived here in dublin 6 months ago. Just would like to mix it up a bit i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

I'm the same, would love some gay friends, I'm 24 from Armagh. Good luck, I hope someone is able to help you out. :) I'd volunteer but I'm too far away! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

OP, you should definitely join queerid.com as there are a lot of social get togethers on that site, and I think it is a great way of getting to know people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shydub

I know the feeling too..:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

ditto on joining queerid.com...really really welcoming friendly open group, both lads and ladies. some of them are even hot as well as being friendly..not a bad thing :)

make and do do on monday in pantibar is the big ight out on qid..give it a go..
    just sign up over there, start a hello thread and watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nxblues

Thanks guys...will do with the queer id. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Try www.thingbox.com too, it's got a good Irish contingency on it.

Advertisement