Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Gang Attack In Louth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Penis Eye wrote: »
    too much money! they get treated too well in this country! i think if someone hurts another human they forgoe the right to being treated as human!

So you'd have someone else lower themselves and the Irish State for the satisfaction of blood lust revenge on the rapist?

What happens if someone is wrongly convicted? It does happen and has occurred in rape cases in both Ireland and UK.

In fact forget what i wrote.. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE [insert sadistic revenge fantasy]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Nodin wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest, you wouldn't be as good as to link to some previous case where the accused was "let off the hook with the excuse of coming from a bad family or some **** like that"?

From with the Irish legal system, if you would.

They are more likely to be let off the hook if they are from a good family.

Dragan wrote: »
    Pretty much. The only real solution is to make such journey gang handed, with a couple of baseball bats.

Nice that you gotta roll in numbers for safety.

Should we form a vigilante group and tour around carparks? We can use a couple of actors as bait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mingey wrote: »
    Should we form a vigilante group and tour around carparks? We can use a couple of actors as bait.
    Wayyy ahead of you.Ive already hired the worlds greatest actor, Alec Baldwin. He says he can play a 19 year old but im not convinced yet. Im also worried that he demands his leading lady be no older then 16:eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

There are some very very warped individuals out there to be able to do that to someone and this lot are just a few of them. As much as id like to see someone inflict an unbelieveable amount of pain followed by castration on each and everyone of them, common sense has to come into it.

So maybe a nice long spell in prison for them to become someone elses jailbait and sex toy for the next 20 years might be more appropriate form of action. Losing the best part of 20 years of your life from late teens to late 30's/ early 40s might make them see some sense, though I doubt it.

Tox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

yes it was, and the rest of your inane post provoked a second one.

It's AH. I'm not being serious. But I do love reading things from people like you on the internet. It makes me feel better that's it's the only way we'll probably ever meet and I won't have to listen to your bull**** in real life.
    Just as a matter of interest, you wouldn't be as good as to link to some previous case where the accused was "let off the hook with the excuse of coming from a bad family or some **** like that"?

From with the Irish legal system, if you would.

Well that's a shame because i actually wouldn't and prefer not to bother my arse :P

Bottom line, it's a really sad incident :( I hope those 4 people will be alright, i hope those little bastards responsable will be brought to justice and thrown in jail or deported or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Wagon wrote: »
    Well that's a shame because i actually wouldn't and prefer not to bother my arse :P

Good, as that now allows me to say that
    They'll be let off the hook with the excuse of coming from a bad family or some **** like that. These are the things that need to be fixed in the legal system.
    is, on the balance of probabilities, without foundation.

On the brightside, there may be a career in tabloid journalism ahead for you.

On the brightside, there may be a career in tabloid journalism ahead for you.

There's be photo's of your small penis in the shower with your brother on the front page by morning. I take pride in my work, not in my posts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

As a woman, you have to be SO careful at night time. Obviously they didn't envision that lunatics would come after them with a crowbar, but you certainly wouldn't catch me in a deserted spot like that at night.

I'm ultra vivgilant as I kknow too many girls that have been raped. If I ever have to go through a dark street on my own, I have 999 keyed into my mobile and hold my finger on the dial button, just in case.

I always said to myself if I ever found myself in that situation I would have them kill me rather than let them rape me.

That might sound extreme, but one of my closest friends has been raped, and she has never ever got over it. She is like a shell of the person she used to be, it's so sad. She said there is nothing you can compare it to, like it is every ounce of your dignity that is stripped away. That nothing is private to you anymore, that they have tainted every single part of you.

She is going through so much suffering now ten years later and for what - two minutes of pleasure that he had?

Rapists are scum of the earth. I really feel for that poor girl.

I always said to myself if I ever found myself in that situation I would have them kill me rather than let them rape me.

That is a bad. attitude to have
    I'd blame the stigmatism attached to the crime. Women get raped a lot, there are many who can pick themselves up and get on with it. I am not belittling your friend, but not all women are not able to deal with it.

That might sound extreme, but one of my closest friends has been raped, and she has never ever got over it. She is like a shell of the person she used to be, it's so sad. She said there is nothing you can compare it to, like it is every ounce of your dignity that is stripped away. That nothing is private to you anymore, that they have tainted every single part of you.

The others you know of?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Wagon wrote: »
    It's AH. I'm not being serious. But I do love reading things from people like you on the internet. It makes me feel better that's it's the only way we'll probably ever meet and I won't have to listen to your bull**** in real life.

Aww widdums, i'm glad the internet acts as a shield from you having to interact with people who don't share your opinion on things. I just can't imagine how trying life would be for you otherwise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Mingey wrote: »
    That is a bad. attitude to have
    I'd blame the stigmatism attached to the crime. Women get raped a lot, there are many who can pick themselves up and get on with it. I am not belittling your friend, but not all women are not able to deal with it.

The others you know of?

Of the girls I know who got raped, I know only the one really well, so she is the only one who would talk about it in detail with me. But the otehr girls I know, you could say their lives have pretty much fallen apart since.

I would prefer to die than get raped, that is how I feel. I know I couldn't live with it. I am an intensely private person, who the idea of 'smear test's and the idea of doctors seeing my bits in childbirth brings me out in a cold sweat. I'm dreading it. So imagine actually the complete invasion of being raped, I couldn't deal with it.

That's just my two cents. If some-one ever said to me i'll stab you if you don't let me I would rather me stabbed. Rape is a terrible terrible thing. I am always very aware and cautious at night so to try to never find myself in that situation anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just got word that some the victims family are gathering outside the Drogheda Garda station to protest at the scum.
    They won't obviously get near them sadly but sod it, these feckers deserve to be ripped apart.
    I hope they have a lovely time in prison! :mad:

Biggins wrote: »
    Just got word that some the victims family are gathering outside the Drogheda Garda station to protest at the scum.
    They won't obviously get near them sadly but sod it, these feckers deserve to be ripped apart.

There's no justice like angry mob justice......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its one of my favourite kinds of justice, second only to vigilante ninja justice:pac:

Its one of my favourite kinds of justice, second only to vigilante ninja justice:pac:

I like the one where you beat people with pillow cases filled with doorknobs.

But they always make you supply your own knobs......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

People always say let justice take it's course. They're full of **** though, they soon change their tune when someone happens to them or their family, epspecially when they see the joke of a law system in this country and indeed most countries.
    Someone like those scum harmed my family, it would only be a matter of time before accidents started happening.

People always say let justice take it's course. They're full of **** though, they soon change their tune when someone happens to them or their family, epspecially when they see the joke of a law system in this country and indeed most countries.
    Someone like those scum harmed my family, it would only be a matter of time before accidents started happening.

You do realise that your reaction as posted above is exactly why justice has to run it's course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

You do realise that your reaction as posted above is exactly why justice has to run it's course.

Bollox, these scum don't deserve the leniant justice they'll be sentenced to. A rock across the back of the head a few times is how they should be dealt with, I wouldn't waste money on a bullet. This is how convicted murderers, paedo's and rapists should be dealt with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Caoimhín wrote: »
    I imply cant understand the mindset of animals like that. No doubt the liberal pinkos will blame their disadvantaged upbringing or blame society for making them like this.

I totally agree, they should just cut their balls off, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

the solution to the problem is very simple:

You lock them up in jail making sure they get the best of treatment in there compared with other prisoners. Give them any food they like, the priviledge to watch anything on tv, even give them playstations and snooker tables. Meanwhile you make sure that other prisoners are extrememly jealous of them.

Then you put them in a cell with the other prisoners and leave them unattended. Come back and you may have some badly beaten scumbags.

Bollox, these scum don't deserve the leniant justice they'll be sentenced to. A rock across the back of the head a few times is how they should be dealt with, I wouldn't waste money on a bullet. This is how convicted murderers, paedo's and rapists should be dealt with!

It never ceases to amaze me how often people are advocating irrevocable punishments while at the same time acknowledging that the system that determines their guilt is flawed.

What's even more amazing is the total lack of cognitive dissonance this viewpoint causes for them.

It is fucking astounding.

I like the one where you beat people with pillow cases filled with doorknobs.

I believe that one is called angry knob justice. Or, mickey biffing.

It sure is effective alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd give them some of their own medicine.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

It never ceases to amaze me how often people are advocating irrevocable punishments while at the same time acknowledging that the system that determines their guilt is flawed.

What's even more amazing is the total lack of cognitive dissonance this viewpoint causes for them.

Sorry, I should've said following a fair trial (yeah flawed again, especially as the media bandwagon is already set in motion).
    **** I know the system is wrong, but if it's proven (to the the extent it can be) that it's these ****ers then yeah they shouldn't be allowed live!

I just can't believe the alternative of putting them in jail at €80,000 per head at the expense of the tax payer when the countries finances are already ****ed is the right thing to do if found guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Where was the cognitive dissonence? They criticise the system for being too lenient, not too harsh; and too likely to acquit not convict incorrectly.

I dont believe in mob justice. I do believe in very strong measures against rape and murder. Life, which means twenty five years - no good behaviour - for all perps or accessories in a gang rape.

That would cool the mob. The mob exists because ivory tower judges dont apply justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You were going so well untill the "f" word. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

I just can't believe the alternative of putting them in jail at €80,000 per head at the expense of the tax payer when the countries finances are already ****ed is the right thing to do if found guilty.

I agree here, punishing scumbags by locking them up with a flat screen and a playstation is clearly not working. Crime is on the rise and our jails our bursting at the seams. Gardai are pissed off arresting the same lowlife again and again, to see them walk out of the youth court and give the arresting Garda the two fingers.

The possibility of loosing your nuts would be a good deterrant imo, and you could sterilize a lot of lowlife for €80,000, not to mention the fact that they'd find it difficult to rape anyone else in future with no wobbly bits.

• Advertisement

asdasd wrote: »
    Where was the cognitive dissonence?

That's what i want to know.

The dissonance, in my mind, is that many are calling for the death penality , something that if it is ever to be handed out, should only be done so with a 100% certainty, because if it turns out the initial judgement was wrong... well you see where i'm going with this.

And that's fair enough, but problem is then in the same breath saying that the legal system often gets things wrong.

So on one hand people are calling for a punishment that requires absolute faith in the system to work correctly, while at the same time pointing out they *don't* have any faith in the system at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement