Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Gang Attack In Louth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

marcsignal wrote: »
    The possibility of loosing your nuts would be a good deterrant imo, and you could sterilize a lot of lowlife for €80,000, not to mention the fact that they'd find it difficult to rape anyone else in future with no wobbly bits.

Unfortunately not true! Rape is an act of violence and quite often doesn't really have anything to do with sexual desire, cut off their nuts and they will just do something else violent. I do however agree that with most of what you say, the Gardai must get seriously pissed off to see these guys get off with a slap on the wrist or given lenient sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Unfortunately not true! Rape is an act of violence and quite often doesn't really have anything to do with sexual desire, cut off their nuts and they will just do something else violent. I do however agree that with most of what you say, the Gardai must get seriously pissed off to see these guys get off with a slap on the wrist or given lenient sentences.

yeah I'm aware of the violence/power trip bit, but wouldn't the inability to produce testosterone lower the agression ?

marcsignal wrote: »
    yeah I'm aware of the violence/power trip bit, but wouldn't the inability to produce testosterone lower the agression ?

Ah here now do I look like a doctor?:p I don't know but I am thinking that someone who rapes is not just agressive but is also fcuked up in the head, and lowering testosterone wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with that. It's an interesting question though and I would be interesetd to hear a professionals opinion on it!

Edit : I see you edited while I was posting, cheers for the links

Edit: Edit: 2nd link isn't working!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Ah here now do I look like a doctor?:p I don't know but I am thinking that someone who rapes is not just agressive but is also fcuked up in the head, and lowering testosterone wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with that. It's an interesting question though and I would be interesetd to hear a professionals opinion on it!

found something on this

http://www.crimetimes.org/95d/w95dp6.htm

and the Italians are talking about it

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article5745281.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

What im intrested in is how many prior convictions have these indiviuals racked up..if any (benifit of the doubt)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

I want to shoot them in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

macadam your post was deleted. Speculation of that sort has no place here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Truth be told, women are raped daily, same with children being abused, wifes/husbands battered, people murdered. I like to think, along with most, that if that girl raped by a pack of animals and her friends beaten with crowbars, was my girlfriend, I'd be hoping they got off so i would have a chance to kill them.

Doesn't work like that except for a very few exceptional cases.

Its all well and good to fantasise but if it came down to it very few people have or would take personal revenge at a cost of their own freedom or moral conscience. Why ? Because most people are better than the scum they seek revenge against.

Thats why every day you hear of rape cases, serious assaults and murders going through the courts without the accused being gunned down on the courthouse steps. Only happens in movies.

Keyboard warriorism is fine but lets be real.

I believe those accused of the crime in question will be convicted will be found guilty but the sentences won't reflect the seriousness of the crime. As for rapists getting raped in prison doesn't happen. Very low stats on rape in irish prisons. They prob will get a severe beating though. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

I've been to that car park dozens of times in last few years. Lovely mature forest which is brilliant for a walk. There used to be situation where a bunch of roma travelers were camping there, littering the place, fishing in the nearby stream and there were reports of plenty of trouble in the area - and the garda went in and cleared them out. That was many many months ago.

And now this. Call me keyboard warrior if you like, but I am really really tempted to do something.. There is no preaching to the scumbags. Those who don't respect others doesn't deserve respect and they should be punished in their own "style".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

What im intrested in is how many prior convictions have these indiviuals racked up..if any (benifit of the doubt)

but those convictions dont count, because deco's hamster died 10 years ago and anto was on drugs when he commitid the crimes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

All released earlier this evening without charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Famous45 wrote: »
    All released earlier this evening without charge.

Well, thats gonna provoke a shitstorm......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Wonder will the suspects in the PSNI Officers murder be released so quick.

We need draconian powers of detention.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

How can the nation have faith in a system that lets people like this out after a few hours.

tonight the people of louth have a group who have already gang raped someone living amongst them free to walk about and attack the women there.

Its a fcuking discrace this an happen Imagine how that girl feels now that her attacker who she had to face in the hospital is walking around with his mates probably leering about what they got up to tonight.

definitly time for some rough Justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lead the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭realismpol

This situation is getting totally out of hand. People are getting angry. Thugs particularly uncontrolled teenagers are running wild like bloodthirsty rabid dogs in this country. The justice system is a joke. In fact it doesn't even exist. Police are hampered by stupid laws made up by stupid people running this country who sit in safety of the dail and don't live with what the majority has to put up with. They were released and a file was sent to the dpp???? what kind of system is that. Its a joke right? Just what is up with this country and every time an assault or attempted murder is carried out a 'file is sent to the dpp'. Not much of aof deterrent is it? Look out real ira, al qaeda, hardened drug traffics and gangsters if you do wrong in ireland a file will be sent to the dpp. Some guy will look over it and he will frown. You have been warned. You are free to go in the meantime and wreak more havoc.

Ive witnessed a number of unprovoked assaults on people i know recently one very serious where the person nearly died. Needless to say the when reported the gaurds didn't want to know a thing. Only do work when they have to go out checking people's tax discs for the governemnt. I can tell you this if something is not done about these people with the justice system and new harsh laws brought in to deal with these thugs then i can gaurentee you will see vigilante justice being carried out.

These gangs are hanging around some off their heads on drugs most not looking to kill someone because have no doubt thats what they do are going out at night to do. Used to be where these people would be drunk and just randomly attack a person because they were drunk now they actually pre plan it and lie in wait for people. They go out at night with the sole intention of looking for victims. But I can tell you soon they are going to start crossing the wrong people and end up dead. I don't need to spell it out for you but a lot of people are on the brink of going out armed and dealing with these people themselves.

Funny how in saudi arabia and china and countries where they have harsh penalities for crime the crime rate is almost zero. For example chopping off people's limbs, sending them to forced labour camps for life, giving them a good beating in the prison or worse seems to have an effect on curtailing crime and preventing our neanderthal friends from preying on victims. On the other over here we have no laws in relation to crime pretty much do whatever you want and you'll get away with it and surprise surprise thats exactly what they do.

The people on these boards making excuses for these scumbags i can't understand. Thats exactly why these delinquents are running around raping and murdering people because people are making excuses for them by putting all sorts of barriers in the way of changing our justice system. We all understand the misuse of power that can happen if harsh legislation is enacted i.e mistrials and wrongly accused persons being arrested and detained. It goes without saying that leglislation would have to be proper so that it didn't give room for mistakes to be made and allowed for people to be released if mistakes were made. Detention should be extended to 5 - 7 days. I do agree innocent until proven guilty should always be the case however in this country even in this case where people are proven guilty nothing seems to be done..

In this case the woman even recognised the rapist in the same hospital she was in.

The people who assaulted these couples even used crowbars on them. Crowbars. I pretty much have zero sympathy for a person who beats an innocent victim with a crowbar or drags a woman out to be raped in a forest. The system needs to change or mob justice will take over. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

Im with Jordan on this one tbh

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2154056.ece
    Jordan's call: Rape sick sex attackers

By LYNSEY HAYWOOD
    Published: 21 Jan 2009

btn-add-your-comments.gif

GLAMOUR girl JORDAN has called for a new punishment for rapists – they should be raped themselves.

The tough-talking star – who also agrees with the death penalty – said: “The way I see it is an eye for an eye.
    “So if someone rapes a girl he should be bent over and the same thing done to him. I’m sorry that’s just the way I feel. I’m very strict.”
    Jordan, real name KATIE PRICE, added: “If someone is done for drink-driving they should have their licence taken away for life.
    “And if someone steals they should have to wear a dye on their skin, like a tattoo on their ear or somewhere it can be seen – like across their face! That would stop people stealing.”
    The 30-year-old model – who is moving to the US with husband PETER ANDRE – also voiced support for gay marriages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

Naill em up, nail em up I say. Nail some sense into them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

In regards to this crime in particular, i'd like to be hopeful and say that they will get what they deserve (in a legal sense), but it unfortunatly doesnt always work that way.
    khmk wrote: »
    Did she get her tits out in this one? Otherwise there's no way i'm reading it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I dont understand how, if reports are to be believed, a victim points out her attacker in the hospital, obviously hes been treated for some injury sustained during the attack, the raped woman sees her attacker, recognizes him, tells the cops, cops question him, and hes back on the streets the next day?
    Especially if hes Lithuanian, did they not think hed be a flight risk??

'ah no sure jaysus mariusz has te pick up his dole money on wednesday, sure he wont be going anywhere'

Irish policing at its finest :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's not the Guards fault. I used to be more on that side of the argument, but I know a few in recent years and they get just as ticked off about this kinda judicial revolving door BS as the rest of us. More in fact as they have to deal with the reality of it on a daily basis. Yes there are crap guards out there, like any job, but for the most part, they're struggling with often crap resources and a judicial system that at times is very frustrating. That gets to them too and with some a natural malaise sets in.

This particular situation is crazy and I hope serious questions will be raised.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

gurramok wrote: »

Not DPP...
    Not the office responsible for the prosecution of criminal offences...
    NOT THEM!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

To any late comers to this thread, we will not be indulging in any hearsay or unsubstantiated gossip. Thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not DPP...
    Not the office responsible for the prosecution of criminal offences...
    NOT THEM!
    True and I agree, but large bodies move slowly and the DPP's record has had as many dips as peaks. Plus with a situation like this, where serious violence has occurred and a flight risk is more probable, surely even house arrest until said DPP gets in gear is at least worthy of discussion? Now maybe this is the case, but it seems at least that they were all released without charge, which I'm assuming means they are no longer under official at least, restraint or surveillance? That's what is worrying to me. The structure in such cases needs review IMHO

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

0ubliette wrote: »
    Especially if hes Lithuanian, did they not think hed be a flight risk??

You can’t board a plane with broken legs…

And does the fact that they carried crowbars and golf clubs not indicate that the assault was premeditated and their intentions criminal?

And also just out of curiosity any pictures of the accused posted?

Wibbs wrote: »
    True and I agree, but large bodies move slowly and the DPP's record has had as many dips as peaks. Plus with a situation like this, where serious violence has occurred and a flight risk is more probable, surely even house arrest until said DPP gets in gear is at least worthy of discussion? Now maybe this is the case, but it seems at least that they were all released without charge, which I'm assuming means they are no longer under official at least, restraint or surveillance? That's what is worrying to me. The structure in such cases needs review IMHO

I agree! Could they not at least have been forced to hand in their passports until the situation becomes more clear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭PeterLT

This link isn't related with attack in Drogheda, but if you see these f*ckers report them. They are suspected in similar offence on 28/12/08 in Mullingar

http://www.policija.lt/airija/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Don't worry lads. TheCitizen will sort this mess out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement