Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag Gang Attack In Louth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

PeterLT wrote: »
    Well this is what you are getting for letting everybody to come here... Cead Mile Failte? Is it? You wouldn't be let in to England if you are murderer or rapist but you can come to Eire and get PPS no. no difference to your criminal past... Many Lithuanians have found shelter from Lithuania justice system here... The reason for that is that policing in Eire is hilarious compared to Eastern Europeans. FFS this is why I'm applying Garda Reserves, couse I can't bear how Lithuanians and Polish are abusing this system.

They feel them selfs unpunishable, even if they will go down for couple years it will be still a holiday for them... If you are found guilty for a rape in Lithuania and other inmates will find out that, they will be raping you all time untill youre free... Seriously, if you're a maniac or pedophile you'll be abused in a worse matter than you did to your victim.

I don't support IRA for killing innocent people just to show their point, but I would support them and join them to punish scumbags that gardai are letting go without the charge in lack of evidence...

BTW I'm Lithuanian my self and I hope this comment wouldn't be erased by mods couse I'm not being a racist I'm just being fair

i dont think your from lithuania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭PeterLT

dotsman wrote: »
    Links to reputable sources would be nice...

I couldn't do that, because all the sources are in Lithuanian language, and unless you can read Lithuanian it would be useless to you. This were the lastest news in Scotland

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/80658-two-men-jailed-for-jolanta-bledaite-murder/

And if you don't believe in what I'm saying, well thats is an issue... I could tell you many stories and you would be amazed by them

http://www.lrytas.lt/-12368452051234982564-sulaikytas-dokument%C5%B3-klastotes-%C4%AF-airij%C4%85-gaben%C4%99s-vyras.htm

It says that the man was trying to smuggle few fake passports to Eire on Wednesday night... He was stopped at Lithuanian airport. BTW it's realy easy to fake those passports, especially old type (green ones). Many Ukrainians, Romanians, Moldavians are working here under fake Lithuanian passports...

acontadino wrote: »
    i dont think your from lithuania

Can I know why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Can I know why?

You sound anti-Lithuanian?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

FFS this is why I'm applying Garda Reserves, couse I can't bear how Lithuanians and Polish are abusing this system.

I don't support IRA for killing innocent people just to show their point, but I would support them and join them to punish scumbags that gardai are letting go without the charge in lack of evidence...

BTW I'm Lithuanian my self and I hope this comment wouldn't be erased by mods couse I'm not being a racist I'm just being fair

Barrier free entry is a key tenet to the EU.

Good luck with joining the Garda Reserves. Tell them you have a vendetta against Lithuanians and Poles and are willing to join the IRA to sort out Ireland. Best of luck with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Good luck with joining the Garda Reserves. Tell them you have a vendetta against Lithuanians and Poles and are willing to join the IRA to sort out Ireland. Best of luck with that

wants to join the garda eh?

joining ira- big no no

hates poles and lithuanians- not a problem

asdasd wrote: »

I'm not that, it realy hurts to know that the Lithuanian scumbags feel happy here... Lithuanian police is different from An Garda Siochana. Ask Lithuanian about "Changing the bulb" in the police station. If you were resisting when arrested, you'll be asked to stand on a chair under the light bulb and changing it. When your hand will be up and you'll be unscrewing the bulb, policemen will be more than glad to punch you to your kidneys... And that is the softest punishment you can get...

So imagine how Lithuanian scumbags feel themselfs here? The same I'm going to Canary Islands...

UK is in EU, but their are refusing entry to the country to criminals...

I don't have a vendetta against Lithuanians and Poles, FFS nationality doesn't matter, what matters are the people that behave like an animals...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

In fairness, he only used the IRA thing as a way of conveying what is a very good point. These criminals migrate to Ireland from a country with much harsher policing policies and act as such.

In fairness, he only used the IRA thing as a way of conveying what is a very good point. These criminals migrate to Ireland from a country with much harsher policing policies and act as such.

Exactly...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Too much of this happening, things needs to change. Have you heard about the "caustic soda" gang?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1100765/Teenager-handed-life-sentence-Oxford-Street-knife-killing-gang-rapist.html

Something is happening among these people that is making them non-human, it is an ancient evil. These things are happening in rich, peaceful countries. Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

FFS nationality doesn't matter, what matters are the people that behave like an animals...
    PeterLT wrote:
    Ask Lithuanian about "Changing the bulb" in the police station. If you were resisting when arrested, you'll be asked to stand on a chair under the light bulb and changing it. When your hand will be up and you'll be unscrewing the bulb, policemen will be more than glad to punch you to your kidneys... And that is the softest punishment you can get...

So the appropriate response is to ask for a police force made up of people who are as bad, if not worse, than said animals.

Good plan, let me know how that works out for you........

So the appropriate response is to ask for a police force made up of people who are as bad, if not worse, than said animals.

Good plan, let me know how that works out for you........

I don't say that is way it has to be. It's wrong. I just compared two policing systems in two different countries. If police in one country are "teaching the lesson" for an offence, here they are petting you for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

I don't know if this is true or not. Cannot find a linky on the web yet...

I was in the newsagents this morning getting my Indo when I glanced at the front page of the Oirish Daily Mail. They are claiming that the gang of 5 Lithuanians that allegedly committed this crime have already left the country and will not face any further questioning about it.

Someone please tell me this is just that rag "The Mail" blowing its usual right wing bullshít about this and those allegedly involved are still in the state and will come before a court to answer for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,504 ✭✭✭✭walshb

realismpol wrote: »

As i said there is no substitute for police presence you can make all the excuses you want. There simply is none. Police presence deters crime its a proven fact. Patrolling is part of a cops job. Sitting behind a desk writing files and showing up for court appearances is what solicitors do.

Absolutely. Police presence is the most fundamental and needed resource in society. I have often walked from Stephen's Green to O'Connell street on a mad Saturady night/ Sunday morning and have seen ZERO
    cops on the beat. Now, this is when the town is crawling with trouble, drunks and scum and not a cop to be seen. They wait in the stations for the call instead of being on the beat to prevent the crimes ever happening.

These dogs were roaming the streets at all hours, teenagers, and no cops to even quiz or suss or question them. Free as birds to do whatever the **** they wanted. Cops sitting on their holes in stations waiting on calls. Well, that's not policing in my opinion. This isn't the first time and will not
    be the last time that roaming scum will do this.

I have been to NYC several times and every couple of hundred yards there are cops to be seen. The simple sight alone deters scum; it has to.

The cops don't even have to be armed or aggressive or threatening, just
    bloody visible, that's all!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I was in the newsagents this morning getting my Indo when I glanced at the front page of the Oirish Daily Mail. They are claiming that the gang of 5 Lithuanians that allegedly committed this crime have already left the country and will not face any further questioning about it.

Someone please tell me this is just that rag "The Mail" blowing its usual right wing bullshít about this and those allegedly involved are still in the state and will come before a court to answer for it?

I heard this on the radio this morning too and have been searching for links....what a fcuking disgrace if it's true :mad:

And don't be in the least surprised if you hear that the scum have previous convictions in Lithuania for similar offences. This country is a freaking joke!

I wouldn't slate the Mail at all. It is simply reporting news and I doubt it's
    made up in this case. The bloody indo and others simply wait
    for the news and will copy it

Probably booted out of Lithuania for being filth and then merrily saunter to Ireland without a care in the world and continue being filth!

I blame this ****hole and its lacks laws and complete lack of screening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

This is what happens when you have sudden transition from Communism into democracy. If they did something like this back in days of communist police state very least of their worry would be "changing light bulbs".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I couldn't do that, because all the sources are in Lithuanian language, and unless you can read Lithuanian it would be useless to you. This were the lastest news in Scotland

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/80658-two-men-jailed-for-jolanta-bledaite-murder/

And if you don't believe in what I'm saying, well thats is an issue... I could tell you many stories and you would be amazed by them

http://www.lrytas.lt/-12368452051234982564-sulaikytas-dokument%C5%B3-klastotes-%C4%AF-airij%C4%85-gaben%C4%99s-vyras.htm

It says that the man was trying to smuggle few fake passports to Eire on Wednesday night... He was stopped at Lithuanian airport. BTW it's realy easy to fake those passports, especially old type (green ones). Many Ukrainians, Romanians, Moldavians are working here under fake Lithuanian passports...

In regards to people working here under fake passports, all I can say is that I'm not one bit surprised. The passport checking at airports in this country is a complete joke. The guard just takes a quick glance at your passport and lets you through. When I was in Berlin recently the guard had a good look at my passport and even looked me up and down to try verify my photo. No wonder we are so open to abuse with our stupidly lax methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

Well this is what you are getting for letting everybody to come here... Cead Mile Failte? Is it? You wouldn't be let in to England if you are murderer or rapist but you can come to Eire and get PPS no. no difference to your criminal past... Many Lithuanians have found shelter from Lithuania justice system here... The reason for that is that policing in Eire is hilarious compared to Eastern Europeans. FFS this is why I'm applying Garda Reserves, couse I can't bear how Lithuanians and Polish are abusing this system.

I am glad a non national posted this because if an Irish person said it would be racist etc

I have been the victim of two assaults one from a Dublin knacker who was caught fined and given community service basically let off and the second from two polish guys, minding my own business one Friday night small rural town got jumped two black eyes, broken nose and a broken tooth, the third guy was Lithuania(who was later done for drink driving fined, €2,000 but still didn’t get a prison sentence, oh and the Lithuania 5 series he was driving was stolen in his home country, tried to find the article in the local paper but can’t it was around 2002). The polish lads got off scoth free, There was a large Eastern European community in the area working in two factories, none of them were too concerned about the whole thing, which was big news at the time, in fairness the polish lads couldn’t get served in the local shop/pubs etc because the owner knew me from childhood and eventually they went somewhere else.

All the non nationals were genuinely welcomed into the areas but after the above two incidents and a couple more people felt they had been taken for fools and there is a clear divide between Irish and non nationals the older population have rightly or wrongly very little time for them

btw of course you can't paint them all with the one brush, but the above is my experience, there are enough scum in ireland already, we don't want more especially when they are cocky enough to walk into a hospital seeking treatment after a serious assualt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I think most Irish people would agree with that - it's only that our politicians are paralysed with the fear of saying what a lot of people are thinking because they are afraid the media would crucify them for being 'politically incorrect'. Good luck with the Garda reserves btw. If its true these people have simply 'ryanaired' it out of here then that raised even more serious questions in my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

latest.

Probably gone out of the country for "their" safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

If their is an active investigation relating to that person I would have no problem with withholding their passport until guilt or innocence is determined, it is a very specific circumstance and I don't think it would set us upon a slippery slope!
    Of course you wouldn't. In of itself it seems innocent enough, almost reasonable. but i maintain that it's not.

Firstly, being investigated doesn't mean your guilty, so your basic rights shouldn't be curtailed under mere suspicision. The same rights that seems so unfair now in this case, are the same ones that protect everyone of us. They exist for a reason and throwing them aside because the mob is angry and upset is a terrible idea.

Well at least their civil/human rights weren't abused! Pity the same can't be said for the two couples they attacked! If Fozzie Bear is correct those couples will never see justice and those scum will never experience justice being served, I am not having a go at you LOC, I am just terribly saddened and angry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You can’t board a plane with broken legs…

And does the fact that they carried crowbars and golf clubs not indicate that the assault was premeditated and their intentions criminal?

And also just out of curiosity any pictures of the accused posted?

You want pictures of the accused?
    Are you going to break their legs?
    What are you going to use? Flash animation?

walshb wrote: »
    What has that got to do with it?

The scum must have been roaming before they got to this place. That is my point. What were they up to an hour, two hours or three before this.

Then, the parents also have to answer for part of this. Did they know or care
    where their teenage offspring where or what they were up to?

It's not good enough to simply say, "Ah, sure it was in the middle of nowhere, what could have been done." To me, that is a defeatist attitude and not good
    enough

Garda presence is ****ing non existent in Ireland. Too busy sitting on
    their arses in stations instead of being on the beat monitoring and patrolling and sussing out potetial dogs like these.
    They were in a woodland area in the middle of ****ing nowhere.
    All they had to do was jump behind a bush if they saw the lights of a car.
    What do you want here? Every woodland area to be floodlit and have security cameras recording every single thing that happens? That's the only way to monitor these things.
    You could have 1,000 Gardaí in the area and still not be able to adequately cover it. Did you actually read the article, inparticular the bit about where it happened, or are you just jumping to conclusions and imagining that it happened on a well lit street right in front of a Garda station?

As for America, if you thing rapes don't take place in the middle of nowhere over there, then you must be deliberately turning a blind eye.

realismpol wrote: »
    Stricter punishment(that wouldn't be hard there currently is none) and proper policing is the key. In australia and elsewhere they have curfews after certain hours. Any teenagers caught out are brought back home in a patrol car or brought to the police station and their parents charged fines. That would soon teach them to control their offspring. Teens out at 4 in the morning? Sorry unless your at going home from a nightclub or returning home from somewhere there is no reason for roving gangs of teens to be out at that time. By all right they should be assumed to be up to no good because the majority of them are up to no good.

These teens were carrying crowbars which they beat the couples with. So yeah normal rational people would think a group of teens carrying crowbars at 4 in the morning, they aren't out looking to enjoy the scenery.

We could definetly employ the curfew method. Would help with the economy, paying police bills and the worst place to hit someone is sometimes their pocket. This method would also need to be backed up by police presence though. No point having laws with no enforcement which is what we have a lot of in this country.
    Middle of nowhere. Not in an urban or suburban area. The middle of nowhere. In a wooded area.
    The Gardaí are not superheroes. They can't hear the screams of a rape victim from their super secret base.
    They can't see a bunch of **** roaming around a woodland in the middle of the night.

NetLink wrote: »
    According to the Herald, some of the attackers are "believed to be from Lithuania".

I didn't even know they were non-nationals until now. I know some people might say it doesn't make a difference, but in my opinion this does make a difference - it shows to me at least that there are scumbags coming in to Ireland (to live or work or whatever) and have absolutely no respect for the people living there (whether they're Irish or not) or for the law!

I can't imagine they attacked these two couples so they could land in prison afterwards, so they obviously thought they could get away with it!

I was in the States (New Hampshire) a few years ago and there was a strong presence of cops. If people, especially groups of people, were spotted by cops after 3 or 4 a.m. without a valid/believable/genuine reason for hanging around, they'd be arrested (never mind being sent home or told to clear off)! It was pretty crazy, but them cops wouldn't take any crap.

Actually, the craziest thing I ever saw was in NH during the day - from one second to the next the whole area there (was a holiday area with beach) was absolutely riddled with cops - precincts from two towns as well as state police. They were running around like mad with batons, and looking at their faces it seemed like they had rabies or something :) We were just standing there wondering what was going on (there didn't seem to be any apparent reason for them being there), and 3 cops charged at us with batons. I thought we were going to get run down by them :) In the end they just told us to go inside. Never found out what all that was about.

Anyway, point is if the guards here were a bit tougher and showed a stronger presence, maybe scumbags like these wouldn't feel they could get away with crap like this.
    See the emboldened text there?
    Yeah, focus on that before you git yer pitchfork and go boldly into the night.

Once again, it happened in the middle of nowhere.
    The four people in the car had deliberately gone there in order not to be seen.
    It was two young lads in a car trying to get their hole. They weren't going to park in the middle of a town.

asdasd wrote: »

Sounds anti-scumbag to me, but then again, I can't actually hear his accent from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Never mind Gardai on the streets, we should be deploying our limited resources to patrolling woods for gangs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Never mind Gardai on the streets, we should be deploying our limited resources to patrolling woods for gangs.

This would also help with the ongoing Bear Mystery.

dotsman wrote: »
    Links to reputable sources would be nice...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thief_in_law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_tattoo

The four suits:

• Spades - the "suit of thieves".
    • Clubs - a "criminal" suit that represents a sword (mostly ex-warriors).
    • Diamonds - the "chummy suit" (i.e. stool pigeons and informers). This suit is usually forcibly applied.
    • Hearts - a sexual symbol. It marks the wearer out as a "passive homosexual"/sex object within the prison/sex toy.
    Those are the links that proves I'm not telling shytte... We were under Russian control over 50 years, so our jail system are same as theirs

I was in the newsagents this morning getting my Indo when I glanced at the front page of the Oirish Daily Mail. They are claiming that the gang of 5 Lithuanians that allegedly committed this crime have already left the country and will not face any further questioning about it

This depends only from Gardai determination to sort it out. Lets say they left the county, so what. Gardai have their names and Lithuania is in EU. It could take some time for extradition but again, it depends only from the effort to sort it out. Lets not forget the "unguilty until proven" thing, but I think in this case everything is clear.

Anyway, we have to wait and see.

Terry, I know well where it was. My point is that there is pretty much ZERO presence anyway and that is the problem. I asked where were these thugs an hour or two hrs before. You can bet wherever they bloody where, there wasn't a copper in sight to suss them out. That's the whole point.

Look, if you walk the length from Grafton to O'Connell on a busy Sat night, you will be damn lucky to see a copper on the beat. Are you following?

Lack of Police presence, whether it be in a wooded area, a quite culd de scac a busy street or town, is a disgrace. They aren't to be seen and plenty of assaults have taken place in areas that are not secluded and Gardai have been sittin' in their stations. They are not proactive.

I am debating the bigger picture. A gang of teenage dogs were roaming the streets or woods or anywhere else because no one was going to challenge them. This could have well happened in a street, there still wouldn't have been a copper around!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Were they dogging?

I'd say so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement