Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Increasing Package Speeds

Options
  • 11-03-2009 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭

Can anyone enlighten me as to the finer details of this? Notice came in the latest bill to say the speeds will be increasing but the details are very scarce.

MC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Got my bill yesterday and there was a page with it explaining the speed increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrquiteaguy

download speed increases by 1mb
    upload increases 256kb to 384kb
    price increase by nearly 1.50 euro per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Links?

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I couldn't quite follow it either. My current speeds are 7M/768k (actually, it's 640k), which I've had for quite a while. The last round of changes didn't effect me, as you had to apply for them, and I'd have dropped the upload speed significantly for a small increase in download.

There's no change listed for my package, that I could see, so not sure where I'm going to end up, but all the upload speeds are worse than what I currently have, except for 24M, which I know my line won't handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭j_lennon18

Looking at the bill now, so it works out on average an extra €1.50 for an extra 1mb download + 100-180Kbps upload. Not too shabby i suppose. A free upgrade would of been sweet tho.

Smart are still the best in my eyes for anyone that downloads any amount because my mate has just been trottled on BT for downloading too much. He just got a new pc, downloaded his games from steam, done his updates...etc and now he cant even play the games. He is on the 24Mb/"UNLIMITED" Allowance/€67.23 pm. They didnt even send a warning email. I think fair usage policy is crap. They should give people a limit if they have a fecking limit. Not hide the limit from the user and then punish them if they go over the unknown limit. BT = Crap!!! Sorry for my rant...bad day :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

When is this coming into effect ? thought it was soon from what i can remeber on the bill......

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Start of April iirc

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Thanks MC :)

Advertisement