Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust Offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

hatch is this just a supporters forum or is it like a club members thioing? i am not up to date on it sorry! will it make it easier to get match tickets or anythign or just help you voice your opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

keane=cock wrote: »
    hatch is this just a supporters forum or is it like a club members thioing? i am not up to date on it sorry! will it make it easier to get match tickets or anythign or just help you voice your opinion

wouldn't be any help regarding tickets. hard to say what real benefits have come from the trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

keane=cock wrote: »

Not sure Keano,Im not a memeber, I just saw it, had a read and said Id post it. One of the more experienced lads on the board might know more about it !

sound thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The Trust is a representative body for Spurs fans that is supposed to work in conjunction with the club, to help develop policy in relation to supporters issues. It is not an independent pressure group, it is bound by it's own rules from doing anything which is contrary to the interests of the club.

In practise, reps from the Trust are consulted on issues like ticketing, membership, policing etc. They are also supposed to be kept up to date on issues like stadium development.

The Trust is the only body the club will engage with on these issues, but one of the problems is that the current tenants at WHL have a tendency to engage when it suits, and to procrastinate when it doesn't. Meetings are postponed to suit ENIC's agenda, and there is only so much input the Trust is allowed when those meetings do take place. They have won some battles, among them getting the club to drop their plans to insist that ST holders be forced to join the home cup guarantee scheme (like United do at OT)

One good thing is that Trust officers have contact with people at the club who can get things done, issues with the ticket office or members office can sometimes be sorted out with an e-mail sent from a board member of the Trust, but that is not their primary role. IIRC, someone off here got a problem sorted with tickets for a pre-season friendly through a Trust contact of mine.

The more members they have the more they can argue with the club that they are a genuine voice that needs to be heard, whether the current shower want to listen or not is another issue altogether.

And to answer keane=cock, there are no real tangible benefits to joining up, other than you'll help contribute to the above.

• Advertisement

thanks big man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

If it's only £1 i think people should join, if only to get there numbers up,if it would get them more of a say.

tippspur wrote: »
    If it's only £1 i think people should join, if only to get there numbers up,if it would get them more of a say.

true enough and I'm a member myself but the majority of members of the THST are overseas members. Until the numbers joining increase significantly and are made up predominately of UK based members the club isn't going to take much notice of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

It think the sentiment of what they are trying to acheive is great.
    They have had lots of little victories and good luck to them.

But I honeslty think the club don't care about what the trust thinks when it goes about making any major decisions about the club. They humour the trust by making a few consessions here and there every now and again. I think most spporters know that the people pulling the strings are an ignorant bunch of pricks with their own selfish agendas.

I think most supporters know that the people pulling the strings are an ignorant bunch of pricks with their own selfish agendas.

at the club or at the trust? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

yiddo wrote: »
    at the club or at the trust? :confused:

The Board-room Pat.

The Board-room Pat.

ok. agree with ya there.

Advertisement