Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP results are out.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

I know it's frustrating but try not to worry. 103 is higher than the average so it's not that bad. You probably wouldn't get very far with them, but if you're worried, it might be worth ringing UCC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 declan_k

nadialbala wrote: »
    I did not get any percentile either .... just the CAO page information with the overall... i am soo confused and worried :-(

Im the same im very confused about it all,,i got overall score of 100 which i think is good but not sure if its good enough for arts in UCC,, after all this waiting for results we are still nowhere near knowing if we have a place yet,,very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 41 nadialbala

Ryaller wrote: »
    I know it's frustrating but try not to worry. 103 is higher than the average so it's not that bad. You probably wouldn't get very far with them, but if you're worried, it might be worth ringing UCC?

Thanks I may do that tomorrow... I really want to get into college . :)

declan_k wrote: »
    Im the same im very confused about it all,,i got overall score of 100 which i think is good but not sure if its good enough for arts in UCC,, after all this waiting for results we are still nowhere near knowing if we have a place yet,,very frustrating

Well I am happy to know there s someone feeling the same way.... its 100 a pass? I think its crazy they dont give us more information. ... Good luck all !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Where did you all get these results?

I didn't get any email off the MSAP people, I just got an email from the CAO telling me that my results are up on the CAO page (overall score 125 - which according to someone else on this thread who got the exact same mark, is a percentile of 91%) but I have got no contact about this. Anyone else get no email / post?

Also, I've applied to Economics, can I have opinions on if you think the above score would be good enough to get a place?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

I would be very happy with an overall of 125. Although the 91% would have been relative to last year's results, not this year. You'll have to wait for that.

The results are currently only on the CAO website, and the overall percentile isn't out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I got 103 overall result what does it mean? is it enough to get into Arts in UCC?

It should be based on last years score, I rang UCC last may (I think) and with my score of 101 I was deemed successful for social science and arts. They went through my list of choices before CAO offers came out and were able to tell me what I was and wasn't successful in. At that stage the results of the interview for BSW (my first choice) hadn't come through.

lindtee wrote: »
    It should be based on last years score, I rang UCC last may (I think) and with my score of 101 I was deemed successful for social science and arts. They went through my list of choices before CAO offers came out and were able to tell me what I was and wasn't successful in. At that stage the results of the interview for BSW (my first choice) hadn't come through.

Hi! thanks for your information. Does it change a lot from year to year? I only have one choice in my CAO application... , and what interview? Which number should I call to find out more information? because when I ring UCC they dont tell me much. Any suggestions? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Hi! thanks for your information. Does it change a lot from year to year? I only have one choice in my CAO application... , and what interview? Which number should I call to find out more information? because when I ring UCC they dont tell me much. Any suggestions? Thanks

Arts do not have interviews as far as I know. UCC won't be able to give you much information at this stage about cut offs or whether you were successful. I'm pretty sure it was around mid May I rang and I think it was the admissions office who I contacted. Be positive until then, I would think you'll have no problems getting in:)

lindtee wrote: »
    Arts do not have interviews as far as I know. UCC won't be able to give you much information at this stage about cut offs or whether you were successful. I'm pretty sure it was around mid May I rang and I think it was the admissions office who I contacted. Be positive until then, I would think you'll have no problems getting in:)

Thanks sooo much I ll keep positive :-) xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 brokenaudio

My overall percentile rating was 69. I did really bad in the written section with a 32nd percentile result but was rated in the 97th percentile of the abstract reasoning so I'm reasonably happy. I'm guessing an overall 69 will be far too low for Psychology though, has anybody any thoughts on that? My second choice is arts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mamaboys

I too got 69% and I am hoping to do arts as well I ucc. Last year the cut off points were 90 so looks like we did enough hopefully.

Advertisement