Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleted My Post

Options
  • 11-03-2009 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭

Sceptre deleted my post. It was an irish health website were I was making people aware of a poll and asking them to vote.

I also directed them to the boards website.

the idea was to join people from all walks of life on a matter that effects us all.

But it would seem i was " pimping " the other site and starting a petition.

However I often see links posted for other website's. Namely in the dog's section.

What's the difference between a petition and a debate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

cloudy day wrote: »
    What's the difference between a petition and a debate?
    One says, "Here's my opinion, support it or f*ck off". The other says, "Here's my opinion, what's yours?".

Seriously though, Politics is not the place to put up petitions or polls. In fact polls are disabled in Politics because they are counter-productive to debate.

If you want to discuss the possibility of a change in Government and gauge the interest/opposition in such a move, start a discussion in politics. Posting a link to another website where someone can give their opinion is not the seed of a discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Here's the PM I sent to you after deleting it:
    sceptre wrote:
    Hey

I've deleted your "come to the irish health website" thread on politics for two reasons.

Firstly, there are quite a number of threads on the current economic situation and people's views and opinions on both in the politics forum. Any of these can be useful in taking part in a discussion on the issues. Effectively it also comes under the rule cited in this sticky, even though that specifically refers to petitions. Even though I can assume your intention is not to pimp another site, effectively that's what's happening in that thread, regardless of intention.

Secondly, any threads started in Politics have to be threads that start a discussion (see the charter). This thread doesn't and wasn't ever going to. There have been at least seven "can we change the government" threads in the past two weeks.

Regards

sceptre

I think I can see where you're coming from making the post in the first place but the original post is basically using the politics board as a noticeboard for another site, which isn't what the board is for. As I said in the PM (see above), I assume that to be unintentional but it's still not what the board is for.

Advertisement