Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico V Imagine....advice

Options
  • 11-03-2009 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I'm moving from Eircom, for financial reasons........ tightening the belt as Eddie said
    Smart not available in the area but Perlico and Imagine are (odd innit)
    Looking for Phone and BB bundle
    Anyway, its between
    Perlico Freedom Plus..
    For an all-in-one price of just €51 per month inc. VAT, Perlico gives you:

Unlimited local and national calls, anytime.
    30 minutes per month of free calls to any Irish mobile until 2010 - includes Vodafone, O2, Meteor, 3 & Tesco Mobile *
    Up to 3MB Always On Broadband
    Generous 30GB Download Allowance
    FREE Connection
    FREE WiFi Modem, for wireless, hassle-free broadband
    Line Rental
    F-Secure PC Protection, free for 3 months (won't be using this anyway :))

and

Imagine 3mb Talk Anytime...
    Package
    imagine up to 3Mb Anytime
    Monthly Fee
    €50.21
    Connection Fee
    FREE
    Download Allowance
    20GB (can be increased to 60GB, free for first month, €2 per month after that)
    Calls
    FREE local and national calls
    Line Rental Included

I can be a heavy user (Torrents etc....) so I was wondering, has anybody got any good/bad experiences with either company as price wise, they're too close to call......

Cheers

HB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Smart not available in the area but Perlico and Imagine are (odd innit)

Not really. Smart are LLU operator, Perlico and Imagine simply re-sell existing eircom broadband without having to use any of their own hardware.

Anyway, since you're a heavy user, you'll want the largest cap you can find. I'm under the impression that both Perlico and Imagine enforce their cap, so that's something to consider before choosing either of them. UTV do an unlimited option (or did anyway) for 6 euro extra. Worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

I've been with Imagine for a couple of months now and am impressed with both the connection speeds and their customer service (wanted to change a few details on my account that would have taken me weeks with Eircom, did it all within 30 mins with Imagine) - I am a BB only customer so couldn't comment on their phone packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

jor el wrote: »
    UTV do an unlimited option (or did anyway) for 6 euro extra. Worth considering.

I agree about UTV, you should check out callcosts.ie and put in your usage details to see which package will suit you best.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Where are you living?

Advertisement