Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool (Sat, 14th March @ 12.45)

• 11-03-2009 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So who's gonna win?
    United

Any team news? Presumably Nando and Stevie G are back to full health now. What about Yossi Benayoun?

I don't think United have any first team players out at the moment (besides Brown and Hargreaves), so looking good injury-wise. Hopefully we can get through tonight's match without sustaining too many casualties!

Big match that has the potential to reduce United's lead to a paltry 4 points, with a game in hand! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Can't wait for this thread come game time.

Gonna be fun, fun, fun.

Good Luck Mods!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ITT-Pat wrote: »

hmmm... That's Inter Milan y'see...
    Des wrote: »

Gonna be fun, fun, fun.

Indeed, it shall be quality! :D I'm gonna spend the next 3 days building up a repertoire of insults that I can fire at Pool fans should they happen to win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Liverpool will win, but Utd will win the league

My prediction

Manchester United : 1 (Vidic 60)
    Liverpool : 1 (Gerrard 32)
    Bans : 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Another 3-0 with Mascherano getting sent off for dissent again please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The result of this game is somewhat academic since United will win the league regardless.

No doubt if Liverpool win it Benitez fans will use the fact that they beat United twice as proof of progress, while Benitez bashers will say United didn't care about it anyway and we'll get the same dross as always for 15 or so pages...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

United win and Torres sent off so we can give socks of the ladyboy chants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Gonna be fun, fun, fun.

No need to 'fix bayonettes' just yet lads....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Is this on the box anywhere? :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/dons flame retardant suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

United win and Torres sent off so we can give socks of the ladyboy chants.
    May as well sure Torres about 5 times the player that any of the united forwards are. Best CF in the World IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

My prediction

Manchester United : 1 (Rooney 31)
    Liverpool : 0
    Bans : 6 (Boggles, Eagle Eye, Des, Killme00, UnLuckyLloyd, 5Starpool)

Killme00 wrote: »

Woah there horsey.

Me?

I hardly post in match threads any more.

Certainly nothing bannable.

lint316 wrote: »
    May as well sure Torres about 5 times the player that any of the united forwards are. Best CF in the World IMO

Have you ever heard of a guy called David Villa, or how about Samuel Eto?

Woah there horsey.

Me?

I hardly post in match threads any more.

Certainly nothing bannable.

see, got you already with the personal abuse

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

lint316 wrote: »

And so it begins....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

My prediction

Manchester United : 1 (Vidic 60)
    Liverpool : 1 (Gerrard 32)
    Bans : 8

Good calls Des
    I also predict that the thread will be locked 15 Hours and 24 mins after the final whistle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My prediction

I have always said we should approach this forum like they do crime in Minority Report. Ban people now for infractions they are going to commit on Saturday.

Manchester United 2 (Rooney, Vidic)
    Liverpool 1 (Gerrard)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Part of me wishes we could let this thread operate under 'prison rules' just for the lulz those of who don't give a flying fuck about the game could get out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I should be pretty nervous about this one but the fact that we can basically get beaten at home to both arsenal and liverpool and still stroll away with the league is very comforting.

But I think we'll run riot all over the place it'll be a bit like playing the _real_ "real" ;)

3-0

ronaldo and rooney x 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lol thats a bit eh nerdy!

Going to this cant wait (for the football now not the thread :P), draw or a narrow United win for me. Cant see Pool winning even after they're great display against Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Torres and Gerrard discovered to have strains this morning so on bench. Ngog starts up front, Alonso also sit out game so Lucas starts. No Yossi of course.

Utd to score first, Liverpool to equalise via JOS deflection but get mugged on the counter loosing 2-1 to a Ronaldo volley from 35 yards with the outside of his left foot.

Rafa banned from touchline as he acidently lamps Fergie while restraining Sammy Lee.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

To be honest I don't think this thread should have been started on till in the morrning as Utd have a big game tonight.

this thread should be temporarily locked until tomorrow imo..............its ridiculous having a game thread that is not even the next united game and comments are allready well off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

daithijjj wrote: »
    this thread should be temporarily locked until tomorrow imo..............its ridiculous having a game thread that is not even the next united game and comments are allready well off topic.

Any chance of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

All Torres posts moved for a start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I don't see why the thread should be closed. Its Liverpools next game and thats where there focus is (should be) right now.

United fans don't need to post in it if they don't want to, but Liverpool / neutrals may want to discuss this game and this thread will keep it out of the super threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yup, nothing wrong with the Liverpool fans and neutrals getting warmed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

to discuss this game

two teams in this game, and alot of things could happen tonight (Inter game) that would affect the outcome this game, but I dont care that much either way. Just thought I'd point that out.

I don't see why the thread should be closed. Its Liverpools next game and thats where there focus is (should be) right now.

United fans don't need to post in it if they don't want to, but Liverpool / neutrals may want to discuss this game and this thread will keep it out of the super threads.

Dont get me wrong, im a liverpool fan myself, i was just saying that it was going off on tangeants that have nothing to do with the match........if the mods are willing to keep deleting off topic posts then fair enough, i got no probs, it was just turning into a random 'i disagree with you' thread is all.

You have to draw the line somewhere,and a good starting point would be no match day thread on till at very least its both clubs next game.

As you can see the thread is still open its just a point I made,thinking out loud etc etc.

Okay I will get it back on topic.

Man U think they're so hot, but you know what? They're not!

If we don't score first on Saturday then I can't see a win for us.

One of the biggest surprises for me this season was going one down at the Emirates and not capitulating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

As long as uniteds forward line dont pull out the ol diving in the box trick , Liverpool should win this one. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

latchyco wrote: »
    As long as uniteds forward line dont pull out the ol diving in the box trick , Liverpool should win this one. :D
    Oh god, this thread will be locked before the game at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

noodler wrote: »
    Man U think they're so hot, but you know what? They're not!

Liverpool right not think they are so Cool, but we will see who will look the fool.

Can we make it a rule if you post in this thread before the Inter match is over, it must rhyme? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Boggles wrote: »
    Liverpool right not think they are so Cool, but we will see who will look the fool.

Can we make it a rule if you post in this thread before the Inter match is over, it must rhyme? :pac:

No deal, I don't think that will appeal.

I'm going for 0 - 0.

Hmm I wonder if Tevez will start, I mean:

he blows hot and cold, when it comes to the team he is in and he is out so he is no Dirk Kuyt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

noodler wrote: »
    Hmm I wonder if Tevez will start, I mean:

he blows hot and cold, when it comes to the team he is in and he is out so he is no Dirk Kuyt!

I see no rhyme, such a crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

latchyco wrote: »

woooooooo

I tempted to say somthing about a certain pool captain but ill leave it for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

IvySlayer wrote: »
    No deal, I don't think that will appeal.

I'm going for 0 - 0.

Níl - Níl ?

10-0 Utd, VdS to score a hattrick.

Guys....it has to ryhme or you will serve time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

PiE wrote: »
    Níl - Níl ?

10-0 Utd, VdS to score a hattrick.

OK, let's see who's score is closer, a tenner? :p

Right I have been thinking about this,I am going to lock this thread ontill tomorrow.Liverpool fans are still talking about last nights game,Utd fans have a big game tonight we cant be clogging up the forum with to many threads.

So this thread is going asleep for 24 hours as I am sure it will need the rest.

Thread open again,but remember folks...

sensegp3np.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Has it been 24 hours already??? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

With a win for Utd pratically securing the league and the performance of certain players last night against Inter I expect to see one/two changes to the Utd Team for this one

My Starting 11 at the moment

.....................VDS................

OSHEA.......RIO......VIDIC......EVRA

RONALDO...CARRICK..ANDERSON...PARK

..............ROONEY........
    ......................BERBS

Fletcher instead of Anderson could be more realistic ,but like to see Anderson get a start.

Cannot wait for this , should be a cracker . 2-1 /3-1 UTD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

\o/

After last night I think it could be hard to pick a team from United for Saturday. The defense probably picks itself, but how Fergie will line up the midfield and attack is going to be tough.

Not sure about Liverpool. You can pretty much guarantee the system they will play but like United there is a couple of positions up for grabs. Mainly on the two wings. This is off course assuming neither Gerrard or Torres suffered any reaction on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Gonna be fun, fun, fun.

My preferred outcome is obv for one team to batter the bodily fluids out of the other for 94 minutes without scoring (plenty of woodwork contact included); and then for the battered team to steal the three points with a penalty in the 95th minute awarded after a Ronaldo / Gerrard 9.5 swandive. With the added spice that the ref only announced 3 mins injury time...

I like to call this the "Armageddon Scenario". :)

Place needs a good spring clean...
    My prediction

Stick to other forms of punting imo. Apart from yourself, the rest are relatively long odds for the banstick. ;)

United to bring Pool back down to earth with a bang, and solidify the league as a "2 horse race".

My preferred team is:

VDS
    JOS
    Rio
    Vidic
    Evra
    Fletcher
    Carrick
    Anderson

Ronaldo----Tevez
    Rooney

• Advertisement