Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool (Sat, 14th March @ 12.45)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

congradulations liverpool, the better team certainly won! untied were muck!

im off too shoot some zombies now.....congrats again!

Congratulations Liverpool, better team by a mile won......by a mile.

Hope Fergie rips them all a new one for that absolute rubbish pathetic gutless performance. Vidic cost himself any crack at player of the year with that dogsh1t performance.

Also, this has been coming. An air of compacency in the way United have gone about their business recently. Hopefully this brings them down to earth with a thud.

Liverpool will be very confident with this momentum building week.

:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Still won't win the league

Dont care tbh, beating man u is sweeter to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

copacetic wrote: »
    no, but we just won a game. nothing like being a bad loser though:rolleyes:
    i'm not being a bad loser, utd deserve to lose today, they were rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Impact sub :D

I take it all back what I've said about him. Well, mostly.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

One of the worst, if not the worst performance I've seen from United in the last 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ferdi wrote: »

lol obv not to all die hard pool fans - gerrard said if he was just to win one more trophy in his life it would be the premier league..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Red cafe server is under some strain right now.

lol liverpool fans here, think they've just won the league.

fair play liverpool you's played well. although if im being honest the scoreline is a little bit flattering

Flattering to united

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Delighted with the result. Didn't do anything to spectacular other than taking our chances when they came.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

What a win, delighted, we probably won't win the league, but feck it, what a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I am struggling to remember as poor a United performance in a long time. For one of the Premiership's strongest ever center halfs, Vidic had a 3/10 game.

His red card mattered little as United looked beaten, and never really threatened Reina's goal after Stevie G's penalty.

This type of defeat could have serious reprecussions for Man Utds mindset

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Great result. My thoughts right now turn to the rafa bashers who i presume are scratching their heads right now. Give the man the resources he needs. Gillett and hicks out, new stadium in. On from here now lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Thought it was a poor game in terms of attacking ability. Nearly all the goals were due to poor defending, while there was no real beautiful football played by anyone. Liverpool were fantastic in defence, especially Hyypia and Mascherano (who was by far the MOM for me). Beyond that they put United's defence under real pressure when we were in possession and their workrate paid off with shocking mistakes by Vidic and a general disruption of United's play.
    Good Liverpool in Europe esqkue performance.

What was really worrying about today was indeed the defensive performance that was really shocking.
    Evra as we know has not been at his best and gave away a penalty.
    Ferdinand had a poor game, troubled by Torres early on and then ****ing up that long ball.
    Vidic was shockingly poor, displaying all his weaknesses and also losing his crisp decision making
    JOS at fault for the Dossena goal despite not being at fault for anything specifically was clearly a worry throughout the game [which affects how Ferdinand and Vidic can feel]

These problems all started imo when VDS made that **** up. VDS ****ed up, and then Vidic and Ferdinand lost confidence in him.
    Vidic and Ferdinand then made their own mistakes due to not trusting VDS and trying to deal with things themselves.
    Now the defence seems have lost all its confidence, it was clear against Inter, but it was exploited by Liverpool.

That's what really worries me in terms of the big games over the rest of the season, desperately missing Hargreaves in games like these imo. Fletcher doesn't offer anything going forward so is too much of a negative to play, while Hargreaves offers the defensive thing with some attacking ability.

But its easy just to focus on the defence. Up front we were poor. Tevez I thought (bar one nice pass to Park) had an extremely poor game. We played about 5 minutes of good football the whole game. The midfield was poor, Anderson I thought did ok personally, made some good incisive passes, but Carrick was shocking.

Lots of questions asked of United now. Only 4 points clear with a game in hand [which should be won], so 7 points of space. I still think we're too far ahead for anyone to catch up, but Liverpool have given themselves and Chelsea a fighting chance [and equalised the goal difference].

Personally, I'm kinda happy Liverpool pulled the screw at the end and pushed on to get the late goals. These sort of shocks can reset the system if managed right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Made me think twice about Europe that has.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

It's still all utds to lose in the league but the performance today may give others hope, they didn't look at all solid at the back and the midfield was non existant.

Its not much to hope for but they will be nervous their next game, pity its to fulham.
    Of course we'll prob draw at home with Villa anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Ace2007 wrote: »
    lol obv not to all die hard pool fans - gerrard said if he was just to win one more trophy in his life it would be the premier league..
    the more you squirm, the sweeter the candy/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What a result, didnt see that coming. Battled back from being behind to United 2nd time this season. Great performance lads. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ferdi wrote: »

What?:eek: GTFO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

spockety wrote: »
    Great result. My thoughts right now turn to the rafa bashers who i presume are scratching their heads right now. Give the man the resources he needs. Gillett and hicks out, new stadium in. On from here now lads.

so what was it - just a great liverpool or a very bad united - more people here say it was a bad united performance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Oh Fcuking hell YEAH 4-1,Im fcuking delighted:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Stekelly wrote: »
    Maybe the only or the 2nd goal in a couple of wins but not for the 4th and 5th goals in comfortable wins.

I wasn't being entirely serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

BBC

Who could have possibly seen that coming? United haven't suffered a home defeat like that since New Year's Day 1992, when Dennis Bailey bagged a hat-trick and QPR left Old Trafford with three points and a 4-1 victory.

In fairness,this is a great opportunity for Chelsea to capitalise on.Liverpool did Chelsea a huge favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Utd were muck today Vidic with the two mistakes , Evra and the long ball up to Dossena awful defending. we carried the crap passing from the inter game over into this game.

Just hope this will be a wake up call to the players.
    Pool took their chances and deserved the win. oh well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

ahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaaha.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

spockety wrote: »

Individual wins like this, while great, mean very little if/when we dont win the league. It'll be quickly forgotten if/when Utd equal the number of league wins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

regular smileys just wont cut it

biggrin.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

Ronaldo would fit in perfectly at Real Madrid, about as effective as Raul was midweek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Neutral's POV here.

Liverpool played well, deserved the win, but not a 4-1 route. United we're shocking at the back today. Every goal was a direct result of woeful defending/keeping. Thing is, when United came to SJP, they looked quite shakey at the back also, just Newcastle didn't have the men to punish them for it.

Also, poor from from United 'fans' leaving the stadium half empty before the game was finished. That's when your team needs you FFS.

• Advertisement

shotamoose wrote: »
    I wasn't being entirely serious.

Just as well:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Great display. Ronaldo a no show once again for a big game. Gerrard and Torres SHOW once again for a big game. You can keep your ronaldo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Stekelly wrote: »
    Individual wins like this, while great, mean very little if/when we dont win the league. It'll be quickly forgotten if/when Utd equal the number of league wins.

Agreed. That's why rafa should be given more time and resources, he has what it takes and the one off's show this. It is no fluke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Absolute pish today but I suppose a bad spell was gonna have to come sooner or later just hope this is the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

yyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a performance. and this is progress, beating man u and chelsea twice each!!

what a week!!!
    in rafa we trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im really stunned and disappointed

So many players didnt show up at all today tbh,their carrying on their performance from the inter game

Ill probly blame fergie in one way because I taught he should have put on the subs earlier tbh

Im really so disappointed by vidic tbh,hopefully he'll wont be going back to his start of the season performance and the other big players like Ronaldo,Rooney and Carrick

park and tevez imo are the only ones in the utd team that can hold their heads high

I know utd are missing RBs but oshea is a such bad rb tbh gives no help to Ronaldo or park on the attack and can be dodgy in defence

before I go rambling on

Fair play Liverpool the best team won today

well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Have to say well played to Pool, nothing other than a win would've done and to achieve it in that way, worryingly, could do more than a simple 3 points. I can't remember the last time I was this embarrassed after watching United. I agree with Neil too, there's been too much of a media frenzy over the team and perhaps that's led to some complacency. This was a crash landing back to earth.

But from a United POV, let's try to be a bit positive and say thatthe gap is still a decent enough one, and bear the defeat to Chelsea late last season in mind too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

liverpool were 7/2 to win this game, great price

did anyone take a punt?

I would not like to be in the changing room with SAF right now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I was really worried when we lost Arbeloa in the warm up.. Was even more worried when Ronaldo switched over to the left wing.. Thankfully, Ronaldo didn't turn up..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

couldn't be happier - everything that could go wrong did go wrong for united today so on that it's just bad luck
    but being beaten 1-4 on your own patch by your greatest rivals is always painful in the extreme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Headshot wrote: »
    Ill probly blame fergie in one way because I taught he should have put on the subs earlier tbh

Nailed on, left it far to late when there were players clearly not playing well enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Wow... congrats Liverpool... had the chance to go to this match, glad I didn't!

That second half performance was easily the worst I have ever seen a United team perform... ever. I've been watching United for 20 years or so, easily the worst team wide performance I have ever witnessed... absolutely shocking.

Evra, Vidic and to a lesser extent Carrick, three of Uniteds best players this season, all absolutely woeful. Especially Evra, his head just wasn't in the game at all tonight. Defensively they were absolute sh*t... just terrible. Liverpool could have had 5 or 6.

Still had a chance before the sending off, but if that wasn't bad enough, I'm still extremely confused as to why Van der Sar decided to start making a move towards the ball when the free kick was taken, then simply stop??? Looks like he could definitely have gotten to it :confused:

Once that went inthey totally gave up, every single player. Don't think I've ever seen this from a United team before. Totally and utterly gave up.

By the way what is with Andy Gray? He has never annoyed me before but I literally had to mute the last 10 minutes due to his man crush on Torres. At first it was just slightly annoying but after the 30th "this boy is a star, he's the real deal, Torres is such a beautiful player... etc etc etc", I had to mute the TV. Torres is one of the best strikers in the world atm, but ffs! For most of the second half he was just going on and on and on....

One good thing to take from tonight is that United were so soundly hammered that they should (hopefully!) walk the next game. Makes the League that bit more interesting anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Disgracefull. Im unbelieveably disgusted with the players.

Vidic is such a great player and has had a great season, Why oh why does he have to completely fcuk up today of all days. His sending off just ended the game totally.

I think O'Shea shud change his name to Oh Sheasus cause thats what i find myself saying whenever hes on the ball.

Ronaldo did nothing at all, created nothing apart from that cross to the back post to Rooney.

Why does Rooney play out as a winger? We need him in the centre to create plays. He's useless out on the wing cause he doesnt get the ball as much.

The only player that played well and the best to his abilities was Park IMO.

I could say sumtin about all the players but no point.

I just can't believe this. Liverpool did play well and fair play to them but that is a game we should have won.

I know we were losing 3-1 at this stage but seeing the fans leave early really annoyed me. The players need those fans behind them the whole time regardless.

4-1... we better come back from this.

nuxxx wrote: »
    liverpool were 7/2 to win this game, great price

did anyone take a punt?

I would not like to be in the changing room with SAF right now :rolleyes:

had them draw no bet 15/8 which makes it even sweeter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Again, for the second time in 4 days, Liverpool make a great team look pretty average. Can't help thinking back to Middlesboro a few weeks back. Thats going to come back to haunt them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

A7X wrote: »
    Why does Rooney play out as a winger? We need him in the centre to create plays. He's useless out on the wing cause he doesnt get the ball as much.

Because he's told to do that by his manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

WOW.. just seen it now!! can't believe i didn't know it was early kick off!!:eek:

Are we in for the most competitive premiership run in in years???? C'mon the Chelski!!

Straight red for Vidic aswell - sickener, he's gonna be a huge miss!! fro 3 games?

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

A7X wrote: »
    Disgracefull. Im unbelieveably disgusted with the players.

Vidic is such a great player and has had a great season, Why oh why does he have to completely fcuk up today of all days. His sending off just ended the game totally.

I think O'Shea shud change his name to Oh Sheasus cause thats what i find myself saying whenever hes on the ball.

Ronaldo did nothing at all, created nothing apart from that cross to the back post to Rooney.

The only player that played well and the best to his abilities was Park IMO.

I could say sumtin about all the players but no point.

I just can't believe this. Liverpool did play well and fair play to them but that is a game we should have won.

I know we were losing 3-1 at this stage but seeing the fans leave early really annoyed me. The players need those fans behind them the whole time regardless.

4-1... we better come back from this.
    A large contingent of our so called "fans" are tossers in that stadium, disgrace leaving early.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement