Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool (Sat, 14th March @ 12.45)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Headshot wrote: »
    He was trying to direct vds where to dive

Maybe but he was pointing in the wrong direction and surely would only serve to distract Van Der Saar.

Is that Vidic out for 3 games yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Maybe but he was pointing in the wrong direction and surely would only serve to distract Van Der Saar.
    Yes

But that's what he was doing...

No Eamo on the Premiership :confused:

Giles saying that the Rafa's cracking up thing is nonsense and the Utd's advantage has been they have had the better players over the years.

Whelan not exactly massively complimentary about Liverpool's performance.

Giles saying the result could well be a cause of concern and the fact that Utd havent been working hard enough. Discussing the influence of a bad performance against Inter and the fact that they got away with it.

You wonder if there is a possibility the poor performances might continue if Fergie truely believes that they were the better team today?

Giles making a good point about Hodgson being one of the managers who mentally throws in the towel pre-match when playing Utd. Definite element of truth to it but at least it's in Craven Cottage as opposed to Old Trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ronnie Wheelan actualy quite happy with that I thought :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

it was advice by tevez thats all and VDS is experienced to make up his own mind and if got distracted that easily he wouldnt be in goals for utd

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Is that Vidic out for 3 games yeah?

Yup - Straight red is an automatic three game ban.

No Eamo on the Premiership :confused:

Eamo is never on the Premiership

thats made the victory even sweeter

• Advertisement

taken from therecklessone post
    Humble in victory, gracious in defeat...

mike65 wrote: »
    Ronnie Wheelan actualy quite happy with that I thought :)

Although he did seem to imply a bit that Gerrard wasnt trying hard enough to turn the screw from the Babel chance {when I was playing we would tried to score six or seven} and he did call two of the goals long ball goals {which admittedly they were} and seemed to imply the result was only as a result of Liverpool's hard work. It's not as if he was slating them but it wasnt exactly massively supportive of the the team. Just a bit disappointing to see a former red who doesnt seem to support the team much now, I suppose. Maybe I'm justing picking holes a bit to be fair.

Also Hyypia and Van der Saar seemed to be having a great old chat going off at the end of the game - looked very buddy buddy. Bit unusual.

Anyway good day over all and I'm sure Rafa is in a pretty sweet position in terms of a new contract which could potentially be massive long-term.
    That could be the biggest result overall in terms of this week.
    I would imagine there would be absolute riots if G&H screw up the contract situation.

Headshot wrote: »
    taken from therecklessone post

ecstatic in victory.

It's not every day you go to your greatest and most bitter rivals and hammer them 4-1 on their own turf. A day to remember for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Isn't that only for violent conduct, rather than last man back?

Although he did seem to imply that Gerrard was trying hard enough to turn the screw from the Babel chance {when I was playing we would tried to score six or seven} and he did call two of the goals long ball goals {which admittedly they were} and seemed to imply that it was only as a result of Liverpool's hard work. It's not as if he was slating them but it wasnt exactly massively supportive of the the team. Just a bit disappointing to see a former red who doesnt seem to support the team much now, I suppose.

Also Hyypia and Van der Saar seemed to be having a great old chat going off at the end of the game - looked very buddy buddy. Bit odd.

I noticed that with Van der Saar. He was laughing going into the tunnel and actually gave thumbs up to someone in the crowd ! Did'nt seem too displeased at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Isn't it also increased by an extra match if its a second red in one season ?

Opr

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »

straight red is 3 matches I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ecstatic in victory.

It's not every day you go to your greatest and most bitter rivals and hammer them 4-1 on their own turf. A day to remember for a long time.

The small victories eh :)

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

LOL at Ger Cannings pronounciations......Uniteds centre forward is called "Tev-aaaayz" and Liverpools is "Torr-aaaayz" :confused::mad: Clown...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

MUAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Come on the (real) Reds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

My dad was in the pub watching the match and there were two lads next to them who had put down 20 quid bets at 300-1 on a 4-1 result to Liverpool. 3k each! ****ing nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

opr wrote: »
    Isn't it also increased by an extra match if its a second red in one season ?

Opr

ya i think it might be 4, although im not sure if the feb 28 deadline counts for reds like it does for yellows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

PHB wrote: »
    My dad was in the pub watching the match and there were two lads next to them who had put down 20 quid bets at 300-1 on a 4-1 result to Liverpool. 3k each! ****ing nuts

Lucky B*****ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

That is 6k each isn't it...I would never have had us at 1-4 even if the odds were 1000-1, it would have felt (at the time) like a waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That is 6k each isn't it...

A2 in honours maths baby :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

Mr Alan wrote: »
    oh ****ing please tell me he did not say that......

and Rafa is meant to be the one cracking up!?!?!

As a Liverpool fan, it makes it all the sweeter when Fergie is bitter after the game. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's unbelievable!! What the hell made them put money on that result. It's bizarre that it actually came in for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That is 6k each isn't it...I would never have had us at 1-4 even if the odds were 100-1, it would have felt (at the time) like a waste of money.

20 x 300 = 6000

6000/2 = 3000

3000 each

Frisbee wrote: »
    20 x 300 = 6000

6000/2 = 3000

3000 each

Yeah,but the way PHB says it, it sounds like they put down twenty quid each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah,but the way PHB says it, it sounds like they put down twenty quid each

I read it as 20 quid between them, I can see why it would confuse some people though alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i had a tenner on liverpool to win 3-0 @90/1 myself had a feeling it would be 1 of those days:)

As a Liverpool fan, it makes it all the sweeter when Fergie is bitter after the game. :D

Surprise surprise. Fergie is bitter after loosing to his biggest rivals.

I read it as 20 quid between them, I can see why it would confuse some people though alright

Either way, the drinks are on them!! They must have been going crazy when Dossena scored

20 x 300 = 6000

6000/2 = 3000

3000 each

Ah yes, but while your maths seems to be quite good, Your english is sorely lacking, he said two lads had twenty pound bets at 30-1. You see that means that and I will do the maths for you.. - pertinent line from the text "there were two lads next to them who had put down 20 quid bets at 300-1"

20 (stake) x 300 (odds) x 2 (number of bets according to the post) = 12000

12000/2 = 6000

6000 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

there were two lads next to them who had put down 20 quid bets at 300-1

'bets' implies 2 bets of 20e - when taken in the context of '2 lads' :P

so that game then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

i wonder was the docket seen seems a very high price but good luck to them

So does this performance rule vidic out of the player of the season running then ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

kaimera wrote: »
    'bets' implies any number greater than one

so they game ya?
    FYP;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So does this performance rule vidic out of the player of the season running then ?

Very much doubt it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

maybe..lescott perhaps, he's having a stormer it seems.

one cold day doesnt make a winter he has been a colossus all year a lot will depend on who wins the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Nah.............he's a great player. I'm being serious. I'm a Liverpool fan by the way.

i dont see why it would. im a liverpool fan and for me he has been the best player this year.

pity liverpool only had stevie and nando starting 9 games all year, thngs might have been different.

I am waiting for the Beeb(MOTD) to see the game again. Was he deffo last man back or will we yet again see a big four club successfully appeal the red card by the ref?
    With Villa in their game after next they need to have their best defender on the pitch as the rest of them don't seem up to much this season in central defence. A loss to Villa and the league could be wide open again.

Gerard would be my fav for that PFA award and Ashley Young must have a serious shout also but Vidic is deffo in with a serious shot at it.

• Advertisement

prendy wrote: »
    i dont see why it would. im a liverpool fan and for me he has been the best player this year.

pity liverpool only had stevie and nando starting 9 games all year, thngs might have been different.

Anyway its only if's and but's. For all you know they could just be in form at the moment. It means nothing on the whole season.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I am waiting for the Beeb(MOTD) to see the game again. Was he deffo last man back or will we yet again see a big four club successfully appeal the red card by the ref?
    With Villa in their game after next they need to have their best defender on the pitch as the rest of them don't seem up to much this season in central defence. A loss to Villa and the league could be wide open again.

Gerard would be my fav for that PFA award and Ashley Young must have a serious shout also but Vidic is deffo in with a serious shot at it.
    cant be rescinded because the referee saw the incident and made his judgement

prendy wrote: »

pity liverpool only had stevie and nando starting 9 games all year, thngs might have been different

True but most clubs could say that about injuries in fairness.

pool need to have proper replacements next season. Another top striker is essential and another few creative midfielders/wingers.

A7X wrote: »

Anyway its only if's and but's. For all you know they could just be in form at the moment. It means nothing on the whole season.

no i dont think they do.

pool need to have proper replacements next season. Another top striker is essential and another few creative midfielders/wingers.

couldnt agree more, more strenght in the squad is deffo needed.. but most clubs couldnt stay the season without their best two together for 3/4 of the season.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    i had a tenner on liverpool to win 3-0 @90/1 myself had a feeling it would be 1 of those days:)
    Hard luck on the bet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement