Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Liverpool (Sat, 14th March @ 12.45)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

There cant be one liverpool fan out there who honestly thinks they will beat united?! in their haert and head and being a football fan they know they wont beat united! best they can hope for is a draw! Simple.

All i got to say is HA HA HA HA to you sir and to another who thanked you for spouting your garbage.
    Looks like your team thought this too today ,they were sorely mistaken.

Vidic couldnt handle Torres at all, ive been a massive fan of Vidic placing him and Skyrtel as the best centre backs on the planet this season but man he was destroyed today,the guy was simply terrified of El Nino.

Kudos to some of the Manc fans taking the defeat graciously however.
    LOL at the rest of them.

I still think Man U will win the title but for today atleast im one happy chappy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

cant be rescinded because the referee saw the incident and made his judgement
    Of course they can, wasn't Lampards rescinded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

*places mod hat on*

This thread went well today, it would be super and great if it could continue that way through the night.

Remember, civil responses at all times.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

not a chance, he was last man simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

prendy wrote: »

I am not arguing that it will be rescinded, I am merely saying that if the FA so chose or Man U appealed, the decision could be overturned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

prendy wrote: »

there may be a slight chance as gerard was running slightly right (it was gerard wasnt it) haveing said that i think that would be slutching at straws and dont see it being overturned...or appealed for that matter!

The rules are crazy in that regard, the FA can rule on a wrongful dismissal but can't rule when a ref makes the wrong call and judges a player's actions as legal?

Ridiculous.

That said, even Ferguson said the red card was deserved, so it won't be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Liverpool's just rewards, they've always been better at these games and the results were never a justified reflection of the actual game.

Today everything worked, in fairness as always Man utd played some really good football but Liverpool were well up to the task and got a bit of luck which is usually reserved for UTD esp at these meetings.

Was very surprised at Vidic always thought he was a rock but has gone down in my ratings after his display today very unprofessional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Was very surprised at Vidic always thought he was a rock but has gone down in my ratings after his display today very unprofessional.

bit harsh man. he is a rock. an off day doesn't disprove that.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    bit harsh man. he is a rock. an off day doesn't disprove that.

I agree it is harsh, he's one of my fav players in the league. He is a rock, but I guess it was an off day for him.

• Advertisement

Damn, you'd never see utd supporters doing this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

there may be a slight chance as gerard was running slightly right (it was gerard wasnt it) haveing said that i think that would be slutching at straws and dont see it being overturned...or appealed for that matter!

Like most bans itll be appealed IF it doesnt move it to worse games (e.g if the appeal fails)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ughh just back from this, we gotta stop giving Liverpool goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

just saw the goals.

Nando, nothing to be said really.

stevie...vds almost had it it looked like.

cracking free kick!

and Dossena...steady man! Great lob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

eagle eye wrote: »
    I am waiting for the Beeb(MOTD) to see the game again. Was he deffo last man back or will we yet again see a big four club successfully appeal the red card by the ref?
    With Villa in their game after next they need to have their best defender on the pitch as the rest of them don't seem up to much this season in central defence. A loss to Villa and the league could be wide open again.

Gerard would be my fav for that PFA award and Ashley Young must have a serious shout also but Vidic is deffo in with a serious shot at it.

A definate red card. Gerrard would have went on and scored. I was raging at the time, but thankfully Aurelio put the ball in the net anyway

BBC 1 now folks.

score
    man united 1- 4 Liverpool

:D

RasTa wrote: »
    Ughh just back from this, we gotta stop giving Liverpool goals.

Leave early? There was about a thousand left in the stadium with 5mins left;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Not a hope in hell of getting that card rescinded, definite red.

He lost control of the ball, Gerrard stole it and got past him and was through in on goal. He panicked, grabbed Gerrard by the crotch and dragged him down.

Your not smiling annnyyyyymooooreee..

• Advertisement

Its great watching it again, great show

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Leave early? There was about a thousand left in the stadium with 5mins left;)

Yeah sure there was.

Fergies face is priceless when vidic gets sent off

Mods any chance of making this a sticky.??

and when that 4th went in it was even better, looks like he made a mess of his trousers.

4-1 was flattering to united, it should have been 6

Have to say I was very surprised at the crowd in old trafford, united are top of the league FFS, honestly I was gob smacked at it. I think the fact that there was a walk out speaks volumes about united supporters, please the evidence is there in colour, never seen a walk out like it in my life.

• Advertisement

Have to say I was very surprised at the crowd in old trafford, united are top of the league FFS, honestly I was gob smacked at it. I think the fact that there was a walk out speaks volumes about united supporters, please the evidence is there in colour, never seen a walk out like it in my life.

Wtf are you on about, I was in the stretford end and we sung our hearts out after the 4th goal went in. Although this picture sums up some of our so called "supporters"

Steven-Gerrard-Manchester-United-Liverpool-Pr_2003423.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mods any chance of making this a sticky.??

No.

Hansen singling out Rooney for a lot of criticism. Highlighted his off the ball ranting and raving at his teammates allied to passages of poor play.

Also (and rightly imo) commented on how good of a game Hyppia enjoyed at the back. I really think Sammi confirmed how much of a great player he has been throughout his career today. To come in at the last minute despite having played very little football all season and be that good is a testament to the man.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

RasTa wrote: »
    Wtf are you on about, I was in the stretford end and we sung our hearts out after the 4th goal went in. Although this picture sums up some of our so called "supporters"

I think he is being a bit over the top but the place was half empty long before the 4th goal went in. They commented on it on sky a few times saying they had never seen it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

perhaps they should have stayed to boo the team off the field even though they are top of the league. no wait that was the liverpool fans ;) well done today btw. liverpool were excellent. we'll see if helps ye win the league come may though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    No.

Hansen singling out Rooney for a lot of criticism. Highlighted his off the ball ranting and raving at his teammates allied to passages of poor play.

Also (and rightly imo) commented on how good of a game Hyppia enjoyed at the back. I really think Sammi confirmed how much of a great player he has been throughout his career today. To come in at the last minute despite having played very little football all season and be that good is a testament to the man.

The word 'legend' was created for Sami Hyypia

• Advertisement

never seen a walk out like it in my life.

That's a lie surely? You see something similar at some stadium in some part of Europe every weekend. It is also just part of the reality of modern football: the bigger your average attendances and average ticket prices the more fairweather fans will be at a big game. As such, for every RasTa in the crowd today, there will have been a guy whipping the camera out when Gerrard is kissing the Liverpool badge. That's just the way it is now.

Nothing new, and something that has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

they have all got flights to catch;)

they have all got flights to catch;)

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I'd say they were calling him every name under the sun. It was 1-3 at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Surrey empties when Utd are at home, tis along drive back and the carpark is "murrrrrrrdur"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

;)

Yeah i don't think he should be throwing any stone's in his mighty fine glass house.

mike65 wrote: »
    Surrey empties when Utd are at home, tis along drive back and the carpark is "murrrrrrrdur"

lol, this line of attack on an Irish forum is just gas in any case. :p

Guildford or Galway - tis all the same :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Jesus lads, 4-1 win and you's are laying into the opposition fans and manager. Good to see yous are as gracious in victory as you claim "all united fans" to be in defeat.
    As someone said, it's easy to slag united fans for walking out, but I've yet to hear us boo our own team.

FWIW, hats off to Liverpool, they really do look like the best team in Europe right now, I think the league is beyond them at this stage, but Europe's a real possibility.

Edit: Oh yeah, hands up how many of you wisecrackers hail from merseyside?

About as many here hail from Trafford I'd say.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    Edit: Oh yeah, hands up how many of you wisecrackers hail from merseyside?
    mike65 wrote: »
    About as many here hail from Trafford I'd say.

How about we draw a line under that one?

Enough of that twaddle lads.

redout wrote: »
    I think that United will win this and comfortably. Not in regards to volume of goals but a 1 or 2 nil without being pushed too much. People are saying Liverpool are on a high but sure I think everyone has forgot we just knocked out Mourinho's Inter the hardest team we could have gotten in the draw without even playing great. Its not as if we are in bad form considering we have won 15 of our last 16 with Inter away being the odd one out.

This is my favourite post of the day/year/ever

Quit your trolling.

Now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Quit your trolling.

Now.

therecklessone I dont want to be on your back but if you looks throught his posts after the liverpool win

you'll see his doing all day

utd supportes have been graceful losers and I for one am proud of our supporters today

Headshot wrote: »
    *shakes head*

rarnes1 ffs thats before the match ,no pundit could have forsee this convincing win

so get of your ****ing high horse

most of your posts after the liverpool win have been like little daggers into the utd supporters side

so be a graceful winner a twaddle off

Take the defeat like a man. I have been on a few pool threads when we have lost/drew and its flooded with utd fans gloating.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it is tough not to though, there were a lot of posts about how anderson was going to 'own gerrard' and 'pwn lucas' and similar. if people post that kind of thing they deserve it thrown back at them imo.

still its been a good thread the last couple of pages are seeing a lot of less than gracious winners which we could do without.

Back to football, I'm debating whether I want chelsea to win tomorrow to help keep the pressure on utd or whether I want them to fall away so we have a greater chance of second assuming we can't win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Take the defeat like a man. I have been on a few pool threads when we have lost/drew and its flooded with utd fans gloating.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59414430&postcount=837

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

FFS what did you expect him to say?...."I'm a United fan but I think we are gonna get hammered by 3 goals!!??" :rolleyes: Give it a rest

• Advertisement

Guys, I'm getting tired of deleting posts and reminding people to remain civil in this thread.

There's a forum charter here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055335026

I suggest you all bear that in mind before you post again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement