Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drawn and Quarterly

Options
  • 11-03-2009 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I was recently given a couple of "Drawn and Quarterly" titles.
    The fixer and optic nerve beautiful artwork although not my usual taste.

Anyone here ever read them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Have read both and really enjoyed both, Optic Nerve being a personal fav - Which Optic Nerve collection did you get?. The fixer wouldn't be my favorite of Joe Sacco's work, I think his earlier "Palestine" worked better but I did get a copy of the fixer for my dad when the UN was sending him to work in Sarajevo and he, very much a non comics person, enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've got a bunch of stuff from them; some of the Adrian Tomine collections (Summer Blonde, Shortcomings and the Optic Nerve minicomics), Sacco's Palestine and Safe Area Gorazde, a few of the sampler books, some Chester Brown stuff, one of the Paul books, and some of Seth's stuff.

Overall I think I've enjoyed most stuff they've put out; like Fantagraphics they seem to be targeting a very different target audience to the likes of Marvel and DC. Nothing bad about having a wider variety of material out there, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 stanlee

Imust check out some of their stuff, widen my tastes a little.
    Where do you buy from?

Advertisement