Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever won anything off a radio station?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I went into a small shop one time, and the girl was on the phone to whatever radio station it was, she was the 9th caller in and had to answer some questions to win prizes. She hadn't a clue what any of the answers were, so I called them out to her. She won a half a dozen small prizes as a result.

And no, she didn't offer anything to me ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭cor

I won a few things:
    - Tickets to "Rainbow Rapids" on Sunshine in the mid Eighties.
    - A hamper (can't remember it's contents) on Q102.
    - CD and box of chocolates on 98FM.
    - Cinema passes on the FM104 Friday night Adrian Kennedy phone show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've won so much over the last few years, mainly off the radio, some text entries or the odd local coupon entry.

I've won lots of luxury breaks, hampers, vouchers for all sorts of things, Ipods, meals out, sporting trips, €3000 worth of prize bonds and then won a couple of times with them.

The biggest prize I won was a 40" Sony Bravia HDTV, Sky HD Box, year's subscription to all of Sky's channels and a holiday to Australia, that was a text entry competition that was in a newspaper that I browsed through in a coffee shop.

Also won lots of things from local newspapers, vouchers, weekend breaks, VIP trip to Anfield, hampers, mobile phones, alcohol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Slightly off-topic... but...

Wanna win comps? Get Food & Wine magazine. In past two years, I've won €1250 worth of wine (at wholesale prices), a FrancisFrancis! Coffee Machine, and two amazing dinners.

I get the feeling not too many people enter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

My teenage son won a €200 voucher for Elverys and a sports goodie bag full of rugby stuff on the radio show this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I won 1500 Euro from Today Fm. It was their Lucozade Bears competition. It involved me running after bears in Stephen's Green in town one day.

Really really nice prize :D

I've also won the just-a-minute-quiz from Larry Gogan, where I won a load of prizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I won some denim PJs on the great Pyjama Challenge on 2fm a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

I won some DVD's, CD's and a t-shirt from the Ray Foley Show on TodayFM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

I won a years free rentals at xtravision and i used it about 6 times such a waste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Surely, I am king of the Radio Comps :p:

Ive won:

-over 50 tickets for various big concerts,
    -8 Festival Camping tickets,
    -an array of xBox 360 games
    -Meet and Greets with The Kaiser Chiefs and The Black Kids
    -Approx 20 cds
    -Lots of phone credit!
    and
    -A MASSIVE teddy bear
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I won a wagon wheel pizza and a bottle of wine from Off the Ball and a weekend away in a four star hotel in Cork from the Last Word.

Advertisement