Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8g keeps stopping the audio

• 11-03-2009 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

My N95 8g keeps stopping the audio from my audio player (audible audio plater downloaded and in applications)when the screen light goes off at about 90seconds after the last button was pressed. Then, to start listen back to audio again, i have to just press 1 button and it continues.....very annoying and I cant listen back to my audio properly.

Anyone help please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I get this with Google Maps too when trying to use it when driving :(

Try this: Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Personalisation > Display
    Try changing a couple of the options
    - Power saver time-out
    - Light time-out

If this does't work then you'll need to wait for someone else :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Random wrote: »
    I can this with Google Maps too when trying to use it when driving :(

Try this: Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Personalisation > Display
    Try changing a couple of the options
    - Power saver time-out
    - Light time-out

If this does't work then you'll need to wait for someone else :(

Thanks Randon,:)
    Yeah, did that last night but Power Saving will allow me to set to 90 seconds max and light time out will allow me to set to 60 seconds max - Hmmmmmmmmmm, gotta be something else.
    Like i don't have this issue listening back to audio like music and podcasts in the music application.

Anyone help me here...please?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

What version Firmware are you using on the phone? (*#0000#)

cpu-dude wrote: »
    What version Firmware are you using on the phone? (*#0000#)

ok, its

V11.0.026
    01-11-07
    RM-320
    Nokia N95 (96.01)

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The newest version for the N95 would be v31. It may not be ready for download for your specific handset unless you change the product code on the phone so you could install it. Try updating it with nokia software updater. Post if your not sure how.

In saying this im not sure it will fix this matter, more probable that it wont

ok, its

V11.0.026
    01-11-07
    RM-320
    Nokia N95 (96.01)

:)
    The latest (true) version is:

Nokia N95-2 8GB
    V 31.0.015
    07-11-08
    RM-320

http://hunajatehdas.net/nokia/firmware/en/model:N95-2_8GB

You should change your product code with Nemesis Service Suite and upgrade your Firmware to the latest version, there has been a lot of bug fixes and features added. It's very easily done if you just follow this guide:

http://www.cywong.com/debranding-nokia-n95.htm

PS: Use this product code - 0534841 (it's a default EURO version, no Vodafone, O2 or Meteor crap installed).

Ok ,thanks ppl!

Hmmmm, got lost after I downloaded a zip file - now what?
    Here are the steps;

Download Nemesis Service Suite (NSS) here, and install. (Current version to date is 1.0.38.12) - HOW DO YOU INSTALL?
    Plugin the USB cable - CAN DO?
    Scan new device - HOW? USING WHAT?
    Click phone info (top left), 2nd from the left icon - EHHHH?
    In Production Data Edit, click on Read - FECK, I'M LOST NOW!
    Key in new product code, i.e Euro1 0534841. (Please note that NOT all product code supports firmware update as every region's release is different from one another)
    Check enable, and press Write
    Double check by clicking on Read to ensure the number was overwritten
    Do backup where necessary
    Launch NSU and update firmware
    Do not DC while updating
    Walla! Your phone is debranded!

HELP!

Ok ,thanks ppl!

Hmmmm, got lost after I downloaded a zip file - now what?
    Here are the steps;

Download Nemesis Service Suite (NSS) here, and install. (Current version to date is 1.0.38.12) - HOW DO YOU INSTALL?
    Plugin the USB cable - CAN DO?
    Scan new device - HOW? USING WHAT?
    Click phone info (top left), 2nd from the left icon - EHHHH?
    In Production Data Edit, click on Read - FECK, I'M LOST NOW!
    Key in new product code, i.e Euro1 0534841. (Please note that NOT all product code supports firmware update as every region's release is different from one another)
    Check enable, and press Write
    Double check by clicking on Read to ensure the number was overwritten
    Do backup where necessary
    Launch NSU and update firmware
    Do not DC while updating
    Walla! Your phone is debranded!

HELP!
    Try this guide - http://www.esato.com/archive/t.php/t-161247,1.html

Ok, thanks for this - I've gotten to step 4 and backed up my stuff. From 5 on I dont know what program its on about. I did download one called F1 upgrade, but its not "seeing" my phone. Could you please post a link to the proper program i need to update my firmware? Thanks!

The Guide:
    1. Ensure that you have installed the Nokia PC Suite (on the CD supplied with the phone), make sure that your phone is connected via the USB cable and that it has been detected.

2. Download the following 2 pieces of software:

Nemesis Service Suite - Direct download here

http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/NSSDownloadLanding.htm

The Nokia Software Updater - Note, although at the time of writing the site does not list the N95, the updater does include the updated N95 firmware. Therefore simply select the N93 instead, this will then allow you do download the updater.

3. Install Nemesis Service Suite. Open the program and then click the "Scan for new Device" icon in the top right of the screen. The screen should then be filled with information, click the "Phone Info" button at the top of the screen. Then click the "Read" button. Amongst other things this will show you the current product code of your phone. You now need to change this to a generic Nokia code. A standard code for the UK that you can use is 0534841, for a full list of codes see The Nokia Blog. Replace the current product code with this new code. Then check the enable box and click the "Write button". You have now changed your phones product code! You can double check this by clicking the read button again, this should show your new product code.

4. You may at this stage wish to back up you contacts/files to carry over to the unbranded phone, to do this use Backup utility within the Nokia PC Suite.

5. You now just have to install the new firmware update. Make sure that you phone is connected to you computer through the USB cable and then open the Nokia Software Updater that you previously downloaded. Follow the step by step instructions and install the new firmware. Do not at any time disconnect the phone until it tells you that it is safe to do so. Note the phone will restart itself during the update process.

6. That's it, you phone has now been debranded! You can now restore your files/contacts by going back into the Backup utility, however I suggest that you do not restore settings to the phone as this puts back some annoying operator defaults such has changed menu layouts.

7. If you wish to update your phones firmware in the future you simply need to use the Nokia Updater as usual as your phones product code will not need changing again.

References: The Nokia Blog, Ring Nokia, GSM Forum, Official Nokia Support Forums.

UPDATED INFORMATION

• Advertisement
Advertisement