Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harp beer in kegs

Options
  • 11-03-2009 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi,

I was wondering where could I get Harp beer in kegs.
    If you know, please suggest a retailer or, preferrably, original manufacturer.
    I've checked the web, there seems to be very few of them and I don't think they are best value.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ЯR

By the way, I've checked website of Great Northern Brewery (where it is made), it is not working, and even crashed my system.

The link is www.greatnorthernbrewing.com

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

ЯR wrote: »
    No it isn't. The site is here but they don't sell to the public.

The usual party keg suppliers you've found on the web are still your best bet. Otherwise, ask a pub to sell you one.

BeerNut wrote: »
    No it isn't. The site is here but they don't sell to the public.

The usually party keg suppliers you've found on the web are still your best bet. Otherwise, ask a pub to sell you one.
    Thanks for reply. On the diageo website they dont have email for contact, only fax & phone, which is a bit bureaucratic.

Would you think that pub would sell me cheaper than party keg suppliers? Ken you recommend anything?

ЯR wrote: »
    Would you think that pub would sell me cheaper than party keg suppliers? Ken you recommend anything?
    Doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

i wreckon if you ask your local publican (depends how local you are) he'll sell you one. but do you have your own tap/gas? if not then i'd suggest fine wines or someone like that

• Advertisement

tippguy wrote: »
    i wreckon if you ask your local publican (depends how local you are) he'll sell you one. but do you have your own tap/gas? if not then i'd suggest fine wines or someone like that

this is not for myself, so I am not bothered about own tap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Keeneye

Looking to buy 50L kegs of Heineken for a large party we are having in Belfast area. Will travel wherever if nessacary. Want to buy it in Sterling as its much cheaper than down south.
    I have the bar equipment. looked through web for ages!!
    Cant find a wholesaler or place that supplies them.. Any help / ideas?

Thanks in advance

Keeneye wrote: »
    Looking to buy 50L kegs of Heineken for a large party we are having in Belfast area. Will travel wherever if nessacary. Want to buy it in Sterling as its much cheaper than down south.
    I have the bar equipment. looked through web for ages!!
    Cant find a wholesaler or place that supplies them.. Any help / ideas?

Thanks in advance
    the quick search results:

http://www.premierbarhire.ie/

http://www.partykegs.ie/index.php?catid=26

problem with these is that they not based in the north of the border and are more expensive. not wholesale price. looking for wholesale suppliers or cash and carry that do kegs in the north?

problem with these is that they not based in the north of the border and are more expensive. not wholesale price. looking for wholesale suppliers or cash and carry that do kegs in the north?
    prices are around 180 euro a keg straight from the brewry. Find a friend who manages a pub who might get you one.

• Advertisement

€180+ for a keg from a brewery down south - £70/€80 from a brewery up north.. there is a big difference in price due to lower duty, lower vat, very poor sterling, and heineken not being a big seller in the UK

€180+ for a keg from a brewery down south - £70/€80 from a brewery up north.. there is a big difference in price due to lower duty, lower vat, very poor sterling, and heineken not being a big seller in the UK
    what's the price of a pint in the north pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Yeah but you forget one thing; He wants Harp, not Feign-ekin;)

Yeah but you forget one thing; He wants Harpic, not Feign-ekin;)
    Corrected that one for you :P

Advertisement