Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Bank and handing back the keys

• 11-03-2009 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

HI All

Just to keep up to date:- I've been in 'discussion' with Ulster Bank for the last 6 weeks. Well discussion seems to giving as it has been a series of no, no no from the bank. I'm lucking for a 6months break ( this is on 30 years term) and they are just not budging. I have informed them that it will be in arrears this month ad without a break to kill some debts etc. The money will not be their - the maths simply does not work. They have not replied to letter I sent and are dodging phone calls. Only taking them when I refude to get off the line.

Unfortunately this means... handing back the keys. While I understand this does not finish off the loan altogether. So any advice on the keys being handed back - do I get a chance to go to court where the Bank might actually have to meet and perhaps have an independent arbiter?

10 days to keys hand over.

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

Didnt the main banks all sign up to not evicting anyone for 18 months after a customer defaults?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

dzz wrote: »
    HI All

Just to keep up to date:- I've been in 'discussion' with Ulster Bank for the last 6 weeks. Well discussion seems to giving as it has been a series of no, no no from the bank. I'm lucking for a 6months break ( this is on 30 years term) and they are just not budging. I have informed them that it will be in arrears this month ad without a break to kill some debts etc. The money will not be their - the maths simply does not work. They have not replied to letter I sent and are dodging phone calls. Only taking them when I refude to get off the line.

Unfortunately this means... handing back the keys. While I understand this does not finish off the loan altogether. So any advice on the keys being handed back - do I get a chance to go to court where the Bank might actually have to meet and perhaps have an independent arbiter?

D

They clearly have not followed any proceedures at all. Write a letter of compaint and take it to the Ombudsman TBH after that if the responce is not satisfactory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

homer911 wrote: »
    Didnt the main banks all sign up to not evicting anyone for 18 months after a customer defaults?

Wasn't that just BOI and AIB, maybe wrong.
    Also ulster being owned by RBS might exclude them from it as they arent even covered by our govt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭FibbersON

Contact your local MABS office, they deal with this stuff week in week out. With their knowledge behind you the bank will listen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

lord this could happen to any of us ....just pay whatever you can every week then they cant say your not trying....good luck......:):D:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

dzz wrote: »
    HI All

D

Yeah as FibbersON said, contact your local MABS:

http://www.mabs.ie/contact_us/contact_us.html

Advertisement