Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone/iPod/iTouch gadgets

• 11-03-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

*Warning: This thread may contain scenes of rampant fanboyism*

So, what gadgets do you have for your iPhone?

Me, I has this beauty on the way to me:

MICRO1467I.jpg

Even though it is billed as designed for the iPod, it works fine with the iPhone. You can even control the iPhone music with the enclosed remote control. When the front slides down to cover the CD/iPhone, it gives off a purple glow. :D

Next in the list is the old favourite for listening to music in the car:

itripautouniversalplus_1.jpg?1192673795

Works fine once you get the right unused portion of the FM frequency, plus it has a USB port to charge the iPhone.

And of course, the obligatory windscreen holder which I got on e-bay for €5.

Any more gadgets I should know about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I wanted to get myself a home cinema kit before christmas i also wanted a speaker set to play my older ipod and my much newer and nicer iphone

so I went for this baby
    http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Audio/Home-Theater/Home-Theater-Systems/model.SC-PT660_11002_7000000000000005702

The integrated ipod dock. nice!
    32815239-2-300-DT1.jpg

mggd718.jpg

It can play videos you have on the ipod\iphone but in fairness Im not overly impressed by this as usually any video you have for the ipod is scaled down as you dont need that higher resolution on its small screen so when you try to watch things on tv its not ideal picturewise( but if you did go for a high bitrate then i guess it would be good maybe if I had one of them 160gb ipods), but for playing the music its nice nice nice, never really get the chance to crank it up to its full volume I do have to consider my neighbours. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Have this badboy for my iPod Touch:
    tj937zma_screen1.jpg

Great sound and bass of it, great for parties.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Got this for long trips...

318ZVJ3%2B-jL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Really flexible as well as easy to put up - or remove out of sight.
    Have a mini-jack input on the car stereo so no messing with FM jobbies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Rob_l wrote: »
    never really get the chance to crank it up to its full volume I do have to consider my neighbours. :(

Such a shame. Oh to live in the countryside or a detached house, so you can fully appreciate it. :D
    amull87 wrote: »
    Have this badboy for my iPod Touch:
    tj937zma_screen1.jpg

Great sound and bass of it, great for parties.

That looks amazing. Do you know if it works with the iPhone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have a similar but I assume cheaper version of Dades' gadget above.

It's this:

th_41zvwBkSCBL_SS400_.jpg

It's not fantastic, but for the paultry amount I paid for it I think it's a bargain. The instructions are in really crappy English which was a pain because the FM transmitter seemed tempremental - but it came with an audio in jack so haven't had to go near it. You can charge the phone on it as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-MT-094-TRANSMITTER-Charger-HANDS-FREE/dp/B000S2NLWO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236790375&sr=8-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    That looks amazing. Do you know if it works with the iPhone?

I can't see why it wouldn't, it works with my Touch perfectly. Actually I think it comes with a dock adaptor specifically for the iPhone.... i'll go check!

Edit: Ok no adaptor but it should work all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stream

is there an in-line remote available for the iphone? preferably a decent one which doesn't compromise on sound (currently have shure 220). Don't remember seeing one before. Would just want it for basic functions. Play/pause, Skip track, volume up/down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Tom Dunne wrote: »

Next in the list is the old favourite for listening to music in the car:

itripautouniversalplus_1.jpg?1192673795

Works fine once you get the right unused portion of the FM frequency, plus it has a USB port to charge the iPhone.

Hi

can I ask where did you get that, looking for something similar. Does it work with the Iphone 3g?

Does anyone know of a good Dock with speakers and that will also charge for an Iphone 3g?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just purchased one of these on ebay for less than a tenner inc. postage - Supposed to stream from a 3g Iphone onto a radio frequency for the car complete with remote control for the backseat drivers...

I'l let you know whether it does exactly what it says on the tin as soon as it arrives :D

cab3_1.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Andip wrote: »
    Just purchased one of these on ebay for less than a tenner inc. postage - Supposed to stream from a 3g Iphone onto a radio frequency for the car complete with remote control for the backseat drivers...

I'l let you know whether it does exactly what it says on the tin as soon as it arrives :D

Blimey it works !! & pleasantly suprised to see that it comes with a power cable for the cigarette lighter as well (orig said powered from the Ipod). As long as I have it in the front of the car, seem to be no hiss or interference.....

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    Hi

can I ask where did you get that, looking for something similar. Does it work with the Iphone 3g?

I got it in PC World - complete ripoff at €50, though, so you would be better off buying it online for half that.

As it uses the headphone socket, it should work with the 3G iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

What frequencies do you use? i can't find any that work well in dublin :( curse my city life :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Andip wrote: »
    Blimey it works !! & pleasantly suprised to see that it comes with a power cable for the cigarette lighter as well (orig said powered from the Ipod). As long as I have it in the front of the car, seem to be no hiss or interference.....

Linky to site where you purchased it?...looks good

What frequencies do you use? i can't find any that work well in dublin :( curse my city life :pac:

I use 107.9 - the furthest out on the dial.

Still, can be a bit crackly, depending on where I am.

Advertisement