Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should wife tell mortgage crowd that she has been on illness benefit for 8 years?

Options
  • 11-03-2009 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Should wife tell mortgage crowd that she has been on illness benefit for 8 years?

I'm about to be made redundant (and am on illness benefit for various conditions) and wife has been on illness benefit for years and is now not getting this (as we in process of appealing their medical assessment).

Mortgage is in wifes name only and house is in her name.
    Money getting tight, need to know what to tell the mortage crowd, will the above be a problem?

She never told them she was on illness benefit or that she got married, as we were able to pay the repayments, until now.

Thanks,
    m

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

You will get more support from your bank if you are honest and forthcoming with information - they will be more likely be prepared to come to some sort or arrangement.

Presumably you will be getting some form of redundancy - can you pay off the mortgage with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 misterm

I won't have anywhere near enough to pay off any loans or mortgage, I'm only in the same job for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Sounds like a visit to MABS might help..

http://www.mabs.ie/

Advertisement