Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roof tiles blown off help

Options
  • 11-03-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

hi all, we had some roof tiles blown off our roof in late december and i wasnt sure who i am looking for to get them put back on. they are around 10 * 8 inch grey slate tiles with crh on them i think. am i looking for a carpenter or roofer or tiler or is it a job i could manage on my own. im sure i could organise a ladder and the tiles myself but i wanted to get any free advice i can. anyone help me out with an indication of price theres literally 5 or 6 tiles to be replaced and im afraid it will be too small a job for most people.

cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

If they are ordinary Concrete Roof Tiles they are an easy fix as a DIY job, they just slot in place, just be careful on the roof. And check the felt for any rips, and repair/patch as required.

When you put the ladder up, push up one of the tiles at the back of the ladder, and use a rope looped around rung of ladder and tie it to the timber batton the tile sits on. That way the ladder won't slip...

Bring a tile along to your local builder’s merchants and see if you can get a match size wise & colour wise.
    If you can’t get the exact colour, use existing tiles from back (if its front that’s missing) to repair, and replace them with the new one’s

Price wise, concrete tiles can’t be that costly, a few yo-yo’s each at most, been a while since I bought some…

Best of luck with the repair, just take your time..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

thanks hotwheels i wasnt sure what way to go about. i might by the tiles and see if i can get a roofer to put them up. i have an attic ladder and a small step ladder but thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

thanks hotwheels i wasnt sure what way to go about. i might by the tiles and see if i can get a roofer to put them up. i have an attic ladder and a small step ladder but thats about it.

You'll need good ladders for this job, doubt they will do, someone is bound to know a handyman near ya that will do the job. Its not a big one, by any means...

Advertisement