Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit/leaving letters

Options
  • 11-03-2009 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm looking for some samples of exit letters if anyone has any, from electricity/phone/Internet companies etc. This would be the kind of thing you would receive when you request to leave a company (especially if you are switching to a competing company).

Any examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

If you're switching to another company, you simply contact that company and they do all the contact for you - same if switching bank accounts.

e.g. Bord Gais. Enter the details on their website and everthing else is done automatcally - you do not neeed to contact ESB, same with eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ref: Account No. 12345678, Name: Joe Bloggs

To whom it may concern,

Please terminate the above account with effect from <date> and issue a final bill of all outstanding charges at that date.

Please contact me as soon as possible if there is further information you require to carry out this account termination.

Yours Sincerely,
    Joe Bloggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 beeper

Thanks for this guys, but its actually the acknowledgement letter from the company that I'm looking for. Did you get anything back from Bord Gais when you switched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You'll normally get nothing, except maybe a final bill. If you're just canceling some service, you often don't even get an acknowledgment that they received your cancellation request, let alone a good bye letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

beeper wrote: »
    Thanks for this guys, but its actually the acknowledgement letter from the company that I'm looking for. Did you get anything back from Bord Gais when you switched?

ESB Customer supply sent a letter saying account ahs been closed & final bill had "closing statement" printed on it. ESB Networks also sent a letter to say that they still provide the repair & upkeeping of the network no matter which supplier i am with.

Nothing from Bord Gais except an email confirming acceptance of application, - the lecky is still on:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement