Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas with City Views?

Options
  • 11-03-2009 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Hello

I'm currently mulling over a potential move to Limerick and I'm looking for some local knowledge.

I'm looking for a house in an elevated location preferably with views of the city. As I'm not too famiiar with the topography of the area could some locals advise me what areas to be looking at.

Someone advised Woodcock Hill to me - any other suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Woodcock hill is possibly one of the best locations (live on it myself!)

Not many houses for sale near the top of it however, often sites for sale on it for reasonable prices. You want to live on the east southeast side of it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cratloe might be a option too.

You could also try Ardnacrusha, it is not far from the city and there are certain elevated areas around there where you can see the city in the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jesusofnaz

scrageen, clare glens, newport has a great panoramic view that fills the horizon. take the road opposite the tipp car park, in the evening to see the lights, during the day to see the landscape

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

jesusofnaz wrote: »
    scrageen, clare glens, newport has a great panoramic view that fills the horizon. take the road opposite the tipp car park, in the evening to see the lights, during the day to see the landscape

Technically Tipperary but as I live in Newport I can recommend this area but the road from the Clare Glens to Murroe is now very built up with the farmer selling off all his frontage.

Further up on the Silvermines you get amazing views but not of the city and it would be around 30 minutes drive to the city.

Beechwood or Kilbane in Castletroy would have views over the cityscape and houses are currently floating around the 400k+ mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

ya i would also recommend castletroy..as far as im aware its the most elevated suburb of limerick..you always get a cool view of the city lights heading back into town from the hill near the lodge

• Advertisement
Advertisement