Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disastrous Pixmania

Options
  • 11-03-2009 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am not surprised to find that many people are experiencing problems with Pixmania - I have deiced to take my matter to the small claims court but again I need an Irish address for them. My case is this: I ordered a camera for Xmas and paid €121 by bank transfer on the 8th of December. To this day they are saying they never received the payment even though a telex trace which has costed me a further €25 has proven that their account was credited with this amount on the 9th of December. It is just so frustrating particularly when I have all the documentation to prove I paid the amount and they received this amount.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

hestero wrote: »
    I am not surprised to find that many people are experiencing problems with Pixmania - I have deiced to take my matter to the small claims court but again I need an Irish address for them. My case is this: I ordered a camera for Xmas and paid €121 by bank transfer on the 8th of December. To this day they are saying they never received the payment even though a telex trace which has costed me a further €25 has proven that their account was credited with this amount on the 9th of December. It is just so frustrating particularly when I have all the documentation to prove I paid the amount and they received this amount.

I don't think pixmania have an Irish address. I searched alot before but never found one. You can lauch a European Small Claims Procedure however. It works in the same way as the Irish Small Claims Court for the main part and also costs €15.
    There's more info here :http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/latest-news/ripped-off-in-europe-heres-how-you-can-fight-back-1589235.html .It seems to be the most reader friendly info I could find at short notice.You can also ring or email the http://www.eccireland.ie/ and they can advise you on making a European claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 hedgehog33

You might have already tried this, but if not it's worth a go. I also had a problem with Pixmania - was waiting over 3 months for a refund on a cancelled order, and could get no response from their customer service department.

I found an email address for Alice Walker (it's posted on a lot of forums and blogs complaining about Pixmania - google it), and sent her an email detailing my complaint and advising that I was going to claim via the European Small Claims Court. She replied less then an hour later, and I got the refund a few days later.

That was my first (and last) time dealing with Pixmania. I will never buy anything from them again, their customer service is unbelievably poor. I have to wonder how they are even still in business given the seemingly huge amounts of complaints about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

I posted a lot of details concerning emailing people in pixmania and how the letters i sent were worded, I put the details in a few posts concerning pixmania. Try searching my back posts for them.

Advertisement