Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone moved their Variable rate Mortgage from Ulster Bank

Options
  • 11-03-2009 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Has anyone here moved their Variable mortgage from Ulster bank because they are delaying the rate cuts and lately not passing on the ECB cuts to their variable rate customers?

I'm thinking of changing just for that reason, smacks of gouging to me, so rather than get annoyed I'm going to take my business else where...

What Id like to hear about is experiences from ppl who have done this, are there any pitfalls? I spoke to another bank today and it appears that they will cover all the costs...

Sounds fair and easy, but I'm sure I'm missing something...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

As long as the loan you want is below about 80% of the value of the house there should be no problem.
    BOI and HAlifax both pay towards legal fees. AIB too if you are a customer.
    Don't fall into the trap of borrowing a bit extra - just borrow exactly enough to pay what you owe Ulster. Get a redemption satement from Ulster so you know exactly what is outstanding.

Advertisement