Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music pc

Options
  • 11-03-2009 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Thinking of buying a new pc and it's main use will be for playing my mp3 collection so i want a good audio card..Also can i get a remote control to change tracks and also what would the best speakers be to buy?..im hoping to run this through my tv...
    Hope some of you can advise me

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

If your just looking to be playing back mp3's i wouldn't be bothered to be honest looking for a good audio card and speakers.If you want to use it soley for music you've got to be at least ripping to a lossless format such as FLAC. Probably need something quiet so id be looking at some type of passive cooling or a fanless machine.An external DAC will be money better spent than an audio card.Speakers well the worlds your oyster whats our budget?YOu could also go apple route Mac Mini/Airport Express/DAC/Speakers/.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

thanks for quick reply...Budget is not a problem...just looking for advise on the way to go...i have a bog standard pc at the moment and just transfer mp3's to a usb stick and play them in the car as im in it for 2 hours a day..Just want to get something that will rock the sitting room for years to come

You really need a budget, you can spend anything from a few hundred to a few thousand to tens of thousands...........:confused:

ok what could i get for 800 -1000 euro

You could probably keep your current PC and re-rip your music to a lossless format maybe onto and exteral drive if you need the space.If your pc is pretty quiet you could keep it in the room, buy an external DAC maybe something like a Musical Fidelity VDAC/ Cambridge Audio DacMagic, into your amp and speakers of choice.You also have the option of playing your music wireless through a Squeezebox so you can keep your PC in another room.There are a lot of devices for various options so id do your research.With speakers you'll have to take into account, your music preferences,room dimensions, how much space you can give them etc you'd really need to visit a dealer to see what's available.

• Advertisement

ok thanks paudi..u have been very helpful..

Here il PM you.

Advertisement