Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless router for highspeed

Options
  • 11-03-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I've got Digiweb Metro into my house and am currently getting a download speed of a constant 100Mbps.
    Forgive me as i'm a big of a techophobe in this area, is there any wireless routers i can get that would let me keep this speed across the network? or will this reduce the minute i connect a router?

I was looking at this one from linksys

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WRT54GL
    it says Wireless-G access up to 54 Mbps.

are there any that would let me maintain the 100mbps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Where in the country do you get 100mbps from Digiweb Metro? How much do you pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

greystones, 40 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

the 100Mbps is the connection between you & the router, not between the router & the internet.

Unless you using fineshares across the network in your house any wireless router should do the job for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

johnciall wrote: »
    the 100Mbps is the connection between you & the router, not between the router & the internet.

Unless you using fineshares across the network in your house any wireless router should do the job for you

oh ok... is there anyway i can find the actual speed being supplied to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

A speed test will give you an idea but best bet is to check what package your on

• Advertisement
Advertisement