Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to Christenings??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

ally2 wrote: »
    Hi there,

We got our son 'baptised' in the unitarian church on stephens green. It's a ceremony for people from all faiths and backgrounds and you bring along your own readings, poems, music, people to speak, etc. It's quite open and lends a sense of occasion.

it was a really good way to celebrate my son's arrival and people enjoyed the unusual aspect of it too!

Have been to a wedding there too and it was lovely.

here's the URL: http://www.unitarianchurchdublin.org/

I got married there. Great place. I'm atheist / humanist my wife would be Church goer. It was great and we were evry happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

This is my point without trying to seem hostile. I admire anybody taking an interest in faith. I am catholic and practice but I do think some of the new age fads "I am not christening my child" dont wash when it comes to communnion confirmation and indeed school as you noticed. I always thought christian was a good alternative.
    What ever you choose practise it and good luck

Atheism/Secularism/Not being Christian coupled with a bit of integrity isnt exactly a fad tbh. Standing up for what you believe in washes with me, even if you're a Catholic.......:p But ridiculous generalisations, and believing them, doesnt.

Advertisement