Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYG upgrade

• 11-03-2009 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

So I recently cancelled by billpay because I wasn't making the volume of calls to warrant a bill phone any more. Now I am on PAYG, but I am getting no monthly free credit, and paying over the odds for non meteor to meteor calls.

The number I call most is a meteor phone and I have free meteor to meteor calls, I had intended on getting a PAYG upgrade with free credit, but I notice meteor are only offering 20 euros free credit with their upgrades now. It's hardly worth it!

So I am wondering, what is the best tariff around at the moment (be it PAYG or bill pay lite) for someone who wants to spend approx 20 euros p/m on phone charges and get free calls to the same network. (the person i call most would consider changing with me if the deal was good). I dont text much so text charges aren't important.

Any advice or links to informative threads is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

So I recently cancelled by billpay because I wasn't making the volume of called the warranted a bill phone any more. Now I am on PAYG, but I am getting no monthly free credit, and paying over the odds for non meteor to meteor calls.

Did you buy a new phone when you swithced to PAYG, if not you shouldn't be getting any credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I didn't, indeed thats why I want to get an upgrade phone. It used to be you could get an upgrade phone with 60 - 80 euros free credit, which effectively meant you were getting 30 euros for every 20 euro top up for the year.

I'm just trying to figure out what the best deal is for me now, because what I am on at the moment seems expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

how about the 02 clear price plan? Dont get a phone on it as you'll be tied into a contract, sign up for the free 02 to 02 calls and landlines for €20 a month. Then if your happy upgrade and sign a 12 month contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You could look at Best of Both from 3. 25 per month gives you 100 min to any network, 100 3 to 3 mins and free texts to every network. Its a 6 month contract. If you run out of your 100 any network mins your account switches to pre pay until your billing cycle starts again. You will have to buy a phone though.

Advertisement