Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So whose Actually playing quake live?

Options
  • 11-03-2009 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Same as above,
    ive seen Rapp, Dardoz and Hotice, How many more of the old crew are there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

A lot of people were signed up but didn't really play for more than a few games. I played for a few days in the closed beta. The only old Irish Quake player I saw was Dardoz. Saw some Irish CS players in a clan called stuff like... apx4you (or something like that), Tempest. There is a guy called Gimpylung. Will make an account again once I have a bit more time on my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

Nexus wrote: »
    Same as above,
    ive seen Rapp, Dardoz and Hotice, How many more of the old crew are there?

You playing QL nowadays Nex? Ya did'nt seem too interested in it when i offered an unused beta key back last year :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 c0rn

Damn so there is irish quake players around? Nice... or its nice if you are playing that is hehe =)

If you tried quakelive during the closed beta and didnt really like it, I would deffo give it one more try now that it is open beta. So many people playing... loads of servers... ping seems to be fine even when playing on servers on the other side of europe.

We are a bunch of people that live here in Ireland now (most of the people are swedes). We are trying to get a good irish quakelive community going. We play every night, hangout on teamspeak and trash talk each other and have loads of fun hehe =)

We even hade a quakelive lan some weeks back with about hmm 30 people there, was great fun.... 1on1 compition and everything.. was a really nice microsoft gaming keyboard up for grabs.

So if anyone is up for some good fragging and just having fun then just drop by this forum http://www.piecesoffeces.com/phpbb3/ and sign up. I am sorry about the name of the site, we just used that site as "dump" site until we have figured out what we are going to call it hehe.

Hope to see some of ya, would be damn nice to get a irish 1on1 or 2on2 ladder going.. that is if there is that many players.

anyways... me of to work.

peace.
    /c0rn (former CTFS player in the q3 world)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Grand_Izer wrote: »
    You playing QL nowadays Nex? Ya did'nt seem too interested in it when i offered an unused beta key back last year :rolleyes:

Hey Herm,
    Yup i forgot you gave me that key. I got Vin to give me an invite as Rapp was giving me about every day about playing. So started playing, Tweaked my config and have been on most nites since. I play mainly CA on the UK servers the odd CTF, dont really like some of the maps or any of this Doubler/Guard powerup crap.

I usually play with Rapp, Hotice whose playing as NekTek and Creamy (Creamy2 in QL) from GT. Killy/Herm if your on add me as a friend. Username is Nexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Help, I just started playing again after nearly 10 years and I've screwed my cfg already :D how do I restore the original anyone?

• Advertisement

Offy wrote: »
    Help, I just started playing again after nearly 10 years and I've screwed my cfg already :D how do I restore the original anyone?

Config Location
    Let’s begin with finding the config file as Id software has done a great effort hiding it for us. You can find your config file in the following locations:

Windows Vista: %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3

Windows XP: %appdata%\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3

Just delete the qlconfig in there and log into the browser again.
    Also check out the below link for guides and tutorials etc

http://www.holysh1t.net/how-to-customize-your-quake-live-config/

cfg file would be under /root/nquake/ if I could find it. Im going back to redhat this weekend, I cant login as root on ubuntu and quake installed as root in roots folder. I have to use the console to do everything :eek:
    I'll download redhat this weekend and reinstall quake, ta for the link though ;)

cfg file would be under /root/nquake/ if I could find it. Im going back to redhat this weekend, I cant login as root on ubuntu and quake installed as root in roots folder. I have to use the console to do everything :eek:
    I'll download redhat this weekend and reinstall quake, ta for the link though ;)

I think we have our wires crossed offy. I was referring to QuakeLive and your referring to QuakeWorld. So just forget everything i said :)

Nexus wrote: »
    I think we have our wires crossed offy. I was referring to QuakeLive and your referring to QuakeWorld. So just forget everything i said :)
    My fault Nexus, I never said which quake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

You can do 'sudo su' to get root in Ubuntu, but you shouldn't be running Quake as root anyway, you can just install it as a normal user.

• Advertisement
Advertisement