Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Transactions on Credit card bill

Options
  • 11-03-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

in my transaction history on ftp i see 2 transactions for 50 and 50 dollars.

These are the only deposits i have ever made on ftp as its not my first choice of site.

Roll on today i recieve my Credit card statement and im shocked to see the bill is 1400, with 4 or 5 payments to full tilt poker each in or around 300 USD

Iv ran my bank and they say its a subscription to the site. This doesnt make any sence to me.

Iv just emailed FTP asking them to check it out also

Pretty shocked to say the least at this bill, has anyone had familar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

nuxxx wrote: »
    in my transaction history on ftp i see 2 transactions for 50 and 50 dollars.

These are the only deposits i have ever made on ftp as its not my first choice of site.

Roll on today i recieve my Credit card statement and im shocked to see the bill is 1400, with 4 or 5 payments to full tilt poker each in or around 300 USD

Iv ran my bank and they say its a subscription to the site. This doesnt make any sence to me.

Iv just emailed FTP asking them to check it out also

Pretty shocked to say the least at this bill, has anyone had familar experiences?

Try to google the exact name you see on the transaction and see what comes up. Does the name match exactly the one shown for the 50$ transactions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

TripleAce wrote: »
    Try to google the exact name you see on the transaction and see what comes up. Does the name match exactly the one shown for the 50$ transactions?

All i see on the bill is "x mar FULLTILTPOKER.COM 400.00 USD @ 1.2343 Includes cross border handling fee of 1.75% Dublin IR"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Is there any way to check your full tilt account to see the transactions made on it? I know you can on ipoker. I can't imagine full tilt would allow two accounts to be funded by one card, so if it's a scam it's likely people with access to your account I'd have thought.

This kind of thing is exactly why poker sites are strict about IDs and verifying accounts/cards etc, when people complain about the inconvinence of that they need to realise that stuff like this would happen all the time if it wasn't for that. Good luck, hopefully full tilt can give you some answers.

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Is there any way to check your full tilt account to see the transactions made on it? I know you can on ipoker. I can't imagine full tilt would allow two accounts to be funded by one card, so if it's a scam it's likely people with access to your account I'd have thought.

This kind of thing is exactly why poker sites are strict about IDs and verifying accounts/cards etc, when people complain about the inconvinence of that they need to realise that stuff like this would happen all the time if it wasn't for that. Good luck, hopefully full tilt can give you some answers.

Hey

Ye iv checked my full tilt account history and theres only 2 transactions on it, 2 small transactions which i know i made maybe a month ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Yeah thats quite weird, I can't imagine full tilt would allow two accounts to be funded by the same card and do nothing, not even send an e-mail or anything, so this is more likely to be some kind of mistake I'd imagine. Have full tilt no live support?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

FULLTILTPOKER.COM
    Is this the description on your CC bill for your other Full Tilt transactions? Most gambling sites use something other than their full name so that your wife won't recognise it when she sees the bill.

fatguy wrote: »
    Is this the description on your CC bill for your other Full Tilt transactions? Most gambling sites use something other than their full name so that your wife won't recognise it when she sees the bill.

ye thats what i see

iv emailed them, seems they have no irish ph number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 duracell

fatguy wrote: »

He might not be married.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

nuxxx wrote: »
    ye thats what i see

iv emailed them, seems they have no irish ph number

Pocket Kings is the name of the security site owned by FTP which is situated in Ireland. Think Bohsman works for them now, plus a few other on here. On 2+2 there are a few also. I know Mr Plough had an issue with FTP incorrectly banning his account and he started a thread in one of the sections, cant remember which exactly. It got sorted quickly iirc, this is totally different tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Yeah thats quite weird, I can't imagine full tilt would allow two accounts to be funded by the same card and do nothing, not even send an e-mail or anything, so this is more likely to be some kind of mistake I'd imagine. Have full tilt no live support?

You dont need to imagine it, they do allow it. They are a shambles.
    I have used my flatemates Credit card (with his knowledge of course) to fund my Full Tilt account a few times, while he has been using same card and we have made transfers between the accounts. When we tried the same on stars they blocked withdrawals on the accounts till we had explained the situation, asked us to send ID, and advised us not to do it again.
    Stars security/support>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FT security/support.

The last query i had for Full Tilt support was a simple request which took them 2 days to reply to and the reply was from a guy who could barely string a sentence together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

I have seen this before, where my younger brother put about $1k through my fathers cc in $100 installments :/
    Alot of sites allow 2 or more account to be funded by the one cc... somebody is obv using yours

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

The last query i had for Full Tilt support was a simple request which took them 2 days to reply to and the reply was from a guy who could barely string a sentence together.

Yes FT support is fkin tilting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dirty Caller

Just an overbilling - happens a lot in the online world. They should have a record through their processor and will just refund your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Contact your issuer and address the problem through them, they will take it very seriously and you'll get quicker results than with FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,324 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement