Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ripwave & Xbox 360

• 11-03-2009 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm waiting on UPC to upgrade my cable for wireless broadband and they say it wont be done for a few months, so I'm looking for a wireless alteranative (as im not willing to get a landline installed by Eircom) for downloading torrents and connecting to Xbox Live...not for online gaming just for demos and updates...

Will Ripwave do the job...does anyone know how to connect Ripwave to my 360 if I do decide to get it?

Im just outside the city center in Dublin.

Any help would be much appreiciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

I had ripwave in the "early days" and it was pants TBH, although it would depend how good reception is where you live.

You may be better off investigating one of the mobile broadband providers (voda, o2, 3), which should be faster (in theory) than Ripwave (which is limited to 512k or 1Mb?)...

O2 had a "30 day trial" offer when I signed up for theirs so I was losing nothing by giving it a go.

I've heard lots of people slag off mobile broadband, but mine works a treat for downloading demos etc... having said that I have it in an attic conversion and am fairly central to town, so my signal is usually very good.

I have the Xbox connected via ethernet to the PC which has the mobile broadband. Tis quite simple.

Your mileage may vary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ripwave is excellent.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Ripwave is excellent.:pac:

No I know why :D

Advertisement