Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB mortgage application..... taking it's time!

Options
  • 11-03-2009 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I applied for a mortgage on Monday morning at my local AIB branch, today (Wednesday) I phone the main mortgage place (AIB) in Dublin and they have no record of my application, I phoned the local branch, they said it was all faxed through Monday morning.

Anyone any idea how long it takes to get a decision from the AIB?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

HI CamperMan. I'm in a similar situation with Bank of Ireland ICS but I've been waiting over a month now. I just want them to put me out of my misery at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

over a month waiting, jeez, that's bad.

all I want to do is sleep until the phone rings with a decision from the bank. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

lol

how far we have come...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

CamperMan wrote: »
    over a month waiting,

God I would have thought with less applications they would be able to process current ones quicker. Or maybe there just going through every little detail to be sure.
    But in all fairness if you have your deposit and you didn't request above 4-5 times your earnings why would they say no.

Good luck to ye both,
    I hope to be in the same horrifying position in a few months :D

God I would have thought with less applications they would be able to process current ones quicker. Or maybe there just going through every little detail to be sure.
    But in all fairness if you have your deposit and you didn't request above 4-5 times your earnings why would they say no.

Good luck to ye both,
    I hope to be in the same horrifying position in a few months :D

I was told I could have up to €145000 mortgage on my earnings, I only want €90000 and that is what I have asked for, I have the deposit saved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

well it only took a few days for us in january but I was told they are a lot busier now due to advertising & their good rates. 2 days isnt that long, Hopefully they will get back to you soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭krugerrand

Hi,

I applied for a mortgage on Monday morning at my local AIB branch, today (Wednesday) I phone the main mortgage place (AIB) in Dublin and they have no record of my application, I phoned the local branch, they said it was all faxed through Monday morning.

Anyone any idea how long it takes to get a decision from the AIB?

I'd expect that AIB would take no more than 10 days for a decision once they have all your documentation assuming that your application details are farily basic.

jeez, I am still waiting for a decision from the AIB :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

Shop around and try someone else too?

On the other hand, AIB could be up the walls with applications since they announced their latest scheme for first time buyers. Patience is the key - I'm sure you'll be approved considering what you've asked for and what you are entitled to borrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

what is AIB's latest scheme?

• Advertisement

to delay applications by the look of it!

to delay applications by the look of it!

have you contacted them since?

have they explained the delay?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Bank of Ireland are playing the same game.......

ntlbell wrote: »
    have you contacted them since?

have they explained the delay?

I have contacted them (my local branch), I was told to stop phoning as they will contact me when they have decided, anyhow, a week later, I phone them again, same response, so I phone the head office that all applications go to, all they tell me is "it's in review".

I phoned my local branch today and they told me they do not have a decision from head office yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

God I would have thought with less applications they would be able to process current ones quicker.

Probably a lot less staff processing mortgage applications - most likely have been moved to collections "special lending"...

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

So we're offically back in the days of begging for a mortgage. Yipee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Strange, took me less than a week to get approval with AIB in Feb. Went to my local branch, they did a quick calculation and said what the maximum I could borrow was. I argued that it was too low, left copies of my bank statments, etc and about 5 days later got a letter with AIP with a higher amount. Same with PTSB. So there's hardly a backlog.

what is wrong with the banks eh?? I am still waiting to hear from the AIB, so went into the Bank of Ireland today and they basically told me to fu¢k off as the amount I wanted to borrow was to small and that they will only give a mortgage on a property with a valuation of at least €150,000 :mad:

Has anyone else heard this from the Bank of Ireland?

what is wrong with the banks eh?? I am still waiting to hear from the AIB, so went into the Bank of Ireland today and they basically told me to fu¢k off as the amount I wanted to borrow was to small and that they will only give a mortgage on a property with a valuation of at least €150,000 :mad:

Has anyone else heard this from the Bank of Ireland?

all banks have a minimum all right I have no idea what they're individually tho.

why a minimum?? do they not know you can now get houses for less than €150,000 or are they still dealing with boom time prices

• Advertisement

why a minimum?? do they not know you can now get houses for less than €150,000 or are they still dealing with boom time prices

I guess they don't see a profit in it?

They're not doing it for your welfare that''s for sure :D

is any bank even giving a mortgage??

I have tried a few and some are not giving mortgages and tell you up front, I read in the papers that AIB and the BOI are not giving mortgages to a wide range of people, nurses, prison officers, anyone in the retail industry!!

The AIB strung me along for over 5 weeks, made me jump through fu¢king hoops, I had a decent guarantor and offered to put my land up as security, all I wanted was a €90,000 mortgage, the AIB refused me on several reasons, first was they thought I could not afford the mortgage and second, I didn't give enough information.

I gave the bank 3 years accounts, letters from the accountant, 12 months bank statements from 3 bank accounts + many more bits of information that they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Male30something

Hi,

I've just been approved a mortgage from AIB, and it took three weeks. I heard nothing for a week after I called and sent in the necessary forms.

I called them to see what the story was and they had said they couldn't find my application. Anyway I had to call twice more and they eventually found them. It took another 4-5 days for them to send out the approvel then.

My first call to their mortgage line was delt with a very helpful guy called Rory, but everyone else I dealt with was a little hard work. Nothing major, just not overly helpful.

I have the mortgage now, so to answer an early reply, they are giving them.

Regards A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

I applied for one 3 weeks ago, not heard a peek from them :mad:

Advertisement