Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is an 'acceptable' finish

Options
  • 11-03-2009 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

After starting the season with such hope of pushing for a top 5 finish this year we then ensued to have our worst ever start to a season in fact after having such a bad start only one club has ever beaten the drop after 2 points from 8 games.

So Ramos was sacked and Redknapp brought in and now we sit in 12th place with 32 points and having overturned a 6 goal difference deficit. Where do you think is acceptable for us to come now I know when Redknapp took over i would of been ok with 17th place delighted to stay up but now 12th seems like we're in a great position and could even hit 10th.

Where is acceptable to you now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

id take a decent finish of anything betwwen 12 to anywhere in the top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Acceptable to me is not getting relegated. That's the lower limit of what I expect from the team/club this season after the shambles we've been through. If it happens, great - move on to next season and forget all about this one. To be honest, the only thing that would resurrect this season is if we went on a run and strung a few decent wins together, potentially getting 7th. Other than that I want this season over (with us in the PL) as quickly as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

acceptable for this season would be just scraping into the top ten but at the start of the season it wouldn't have been acceptable at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

acceptable will be...
    1) not being relgated
    2) being clear of relegation before the last day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The realist in me says not getting religated is would be acceptable for this season.The dreamer in me says we will push on and get 7th place..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

tippspur wrote: »
    The realist in me says not getting religated is would be acceptable for this season.The dreamer in me says we will push on and get 7th place..:rolleyes:
    Thats what makes us fans

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stedub

safe from relegation but we continue with one of the few positives of the year so far.. taking points of the top four. love to see us get decent results from utd, liverpool and chelsea...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

17th is acceptable given the trouble we were in last Nov.
    Think we will finish top half now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

17th or above tbh.

but want 7th and europe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

17th or above tbh.

but want 7th and europe :)

Hello stranger, was beginning to think you'd forgot your way to boards...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

lets just keep this form up for the rest of the season and see where it takes us,i reckon we will defo finish top half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I am not a spurs fan but looking at the table, if they can string some wins together 7th is realistic especially cos the teams above them are mostly very average although Zola is doing a good job with west ham, wigan and fulham are both very average and city are kind of in the same boat as spurs and i think both city and spurs should be pushing west ham for that 7th position

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Hello stranger, was beginning to think you'd forgot your way to boards...:D

busy with the life thing :)
    in fact, this is about the only forum i still visit on a regular basis.

in fact, this is the only forum i tend to visit at all any more, but i just dont feel the need to post that much. besides, as soon as i get my hopes up that we might do something good, we go and lose, so i think i may actually be a jonah to the team :)

still get up at silly times to watch crap coverage in odd languages on the laptop. sometimes i wonder why i do it... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

&th is possible, top half a must. Having gone from six points adrift to 11th, need to finish strongly. The fact that harry let Taarabt, Gio and Gunther go means he's happy we're stable and safe I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I think for the sake of momentum, and to attract and keep players for next season, we need to finish in the top half - after our resent form, bottom half finish would be disappointing.

However you said "acceptable" and I guess I would take staying up!

I think it would be a marvellous season for us if we were to finish 7th, and it would certainly shut up a few people. Possible, but not probable as we always tend to self destruct at the end of the season - have a feeling a few will now think we are safe and stop giving that extra 10 percent they have (Keane, Lennon etc) and I wouldn't be surprised to get well beaten at Blackburn next week!

Advertisement