Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thatched House Insurance

Options
  • 11-03-2009 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of insurance companies / brokers that offer insurance for thatched properties? I have my house insured with a broker in town at the moment but its coming up to renewal time and I want to ring around to see if I can negotiate a better deal, but unsure of who else to call!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Borderboy

Just wondering if you got sorted on the thatched house insurance. I'm in a similar situation. Was with AXA but they have told me they won't renew. I was with them for 10 years with no claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

eadaoinmurphy, surely your broker will do the shopping around for you.

Borderboy, I'd check with other thatched owners to see who they are insuring with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Borderboy

Thanks Victor, I tried my broker who drew a blank. Haven't had the time to find other owners but will call to a few over coming weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 boardwalker

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of insurance companies / brokers that offer insurance for thatched properties? I have my house insured with a broker in town at the moment but its coming up to renewal time and I want to ring around to see if I can negotiate a better deal, but unsure of who else to call!

Thanks

Hi Eadaoin
    There's a guy at Ballybegvillage who says he can supply a list of insurers for thatched houses.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Crossection

I think Lloyds of London is your only real option now

• Advertisement
Advertisement