Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freaking out!!

Options
  • 11-03-2009 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi! I don't mean to alarm anyone by the heading! :o

I'm just kinda scared. Most of my friends have been to the institute and have really good notes, others are getting grinds and some have notes from high- scorers last year. Unfortunately I don't have any of this.

It didn't really bother me- until now. I'm just worried, as I'm sure everyone is. Does anyone else feel at a disadvantage to your co-students?!

(Other than that I can't wait to finish secondary!! I was thinking on summer this morning;)! No more school...ahhhhh!!!:p)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Having good notes can help, I suppose, but at the end of the day, the people who put the work in will succeed. No point having a fancy pile of fancy notes if you don't use them. Generally speaking (alas this is not always true), the text books you have contain everything you need to know, what's to stop you making your own notes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

How hard you work will always have more of a bearing on how you do than the quality of your notes. There is only so much information to be learned for any given subject, provided your teacher is half good you should have been given all the information. Having it all dressed up and fancy wont make you work any harder. If you have bad teachers then that might change things i suppose.

We all have LOADS of time left anyway. Even if you start now, it's not like the situation is beyond fixing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Know your text book inside out (definitions/formulae/key words) by the end of the Easter Holls. Completely devote yourself to study from now and over easter. Otherwise, after easter you'll know that you have no more holiday time left to study and that you are in the final stretch. You'll get very stressed!

Go do what I said starting tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

If you really want these notes, could you not just ask to see/borrow them? I mean, they're your friends, I'm sure they want you to do well too!

If not, make your own notes. Do exam questions until your eyes bleed. Seems to be what's reccommended anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Starting to resume study officially tomorrow. Took a break after the mocks. Macbeth here I come!

• Advertisement
Advertisement