Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land of Leather - Any good deals?

• 11-03-2009 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭

Anybody know if these still have stores open in Dublin? They went into administration in Jan, I'm thinking they might have a bargain or two. Does anybody know any details?

PS I realise they're fairly dodgy (there's a few warnings on this site actually)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Kiya

Hi Sappy404,

Yup, they are still open.
    I was hoping the same as you & figured if it was a proper bargain then I wouldn’t care what other people have said, but I was in 2 of their stores last weekend & they’ve barely any stock left.

If you want a single armchair you could be in luck, but the prices are extortionate!

In the Swords store they attempted to sell me a "pre-owned" 3 seater leather couch for €999.

I wanted to see it & no joke; they showed me a very badly ripped couch!
    The seats were ripped down the seams and the back of the couch looked like it had been chewed.

I asked how they could be asking €999 for it and they didn’t care.

So I ended up buying a couch from the lovely people in Reid's furniture with 25% off and instant delivery because I bought the display model = got it even cheaper, you should try asking in a few stores if they would sell you the display...?

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Will do! Was out in Reid's Kylemore 2 weeks ago, had a sale on alright, never thought to ask for the display model!

I also popped in to Homebase next door and the guy told me that there's a 20% off weekend coming up, so I might wait for that.

Thanks!

Advertisement