Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

busking

Options
  • 11-03-2009 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

hi, I'm looking to go busking throughout Ireland with my comedy partner, as a way to showcase some of our new material. Do i need a special permit? What are the best locations to set up? Will we make any money in these recessionary times(we just want to cover costs food an petrol money)? Cheers guys all help will grateful accepted!
    regards
    busted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

So far this has been a great help , keep them coming guys.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There's not that many theatre peeps busking tbh. Try searching the music threads, there's good info there. Each town / area has different rules tbh, and you may even be able to tag on to a festival for your busking.
    Are ye just doing sketch stuff? Is it kid friendly? Is it big and colourful? Is it a timed 'stand and watch' show, or can you wander by and still be entertained by a 10 second snippet (like some music)...All these things you'll have thought through, and different places will suit different things, never mind have bearing on how much you make. Summer is better for dosh, but more competition too.
    Ya'll have to have a bit more patience than that when you are busking too!:p

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Hey busted, it's been two days, no reply?
    What's the story? :p:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

inisboffin wrote: »
    There's not that many theatre peeps busking tbh. Try searching the music threads, there's good info there. Each town / area has different rules tbh, and you may even be able to tag on to a festival for your busking.
    Are ye just doing sketch stuff? Is it kid friendly? Is it big and colourful? Is it a timed 'stand and watch' show, or can you wander by and still be entertained by a 10 second snippet (like some music)...All these things you'll have thought through, and different places will suit different things, never mind have bearing on how much you make. Summer is better for dosh, but more competition too.
    Ya'll have to have a bit more patience than that when you are busking too!:p

Good luck!

Yep most of our stuff is sketch based however we have an improv section, we generally use to generate new material from this!

Its not to kid friendly however we tone it depending on who is around and where we are!

Its small and colourless

You can wander bye and lyao(laugh your ass off) at all times.

Sorry for the delay I've been gigging all weekend and did about 8 parades too so I'm about ready to hit the shower put on the glad rags and go for a pint of plain.:P

Advertisement