Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should we live??

Options
  • 11-03-2009 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

My fiance and I moved back to Ireland recently after spending the past 7 years in Australia. We are currently living in North County Galway where we are both from originally but we are looking to move somewhere else and so just looking for suggestions.

We don't have a huge amount of criteria but there are a few bits of criteria. We are looking for a medium sized town and would like to live within walking distance of such a town. The town should preferably be no more than 3 hours from County Galway. We don't want to live in a city - hence Dublin, Limerick Cork are out. My fiance runs an internet based business so can work anywhere that has broadband. I am a primary school teacher with 9 years experience so should hopefully be able to find work in most areas.

Ennis Co. Clare (or Quin near Ennis)was one town mentioned and we are going to spend two nights there in the next week or two to check it out. Others that have been mentioned are Sligo town, Greystones (Co. Wicklow), Clifden (Co. Galway) and Carrick on Shannon (Co Leitrim)

We are both now Australian citizens and may go back there but for the next few years want to give it a go in this country.

The winning town will get 2 new residents and we would like to think we would be an addition to any community. My fiance plays football/soccer and we both are active in our local community.

We will spend at least two nights in any suggested town so a very brief description of the pros/cons would be great. All suggestions welcome and if anyone is interested I will report back here including feedback on towns we go to.

Thank you for reading this and any questions just let me know. :)

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You don't mention price as a criterion. Westport is a nice place to leave, fairly handy to Galway, beautiful views and a nice buzz about the place - some great restaurants and pubs - but not the cheapest place to own or rent property.

Advertisement