Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we trust fianna fail with current figures?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    I'm not fully aware of how things like this are actually carried out in the dail.

Do the opposition have the same reports on figures that the government has ,before the budget ?

I.E. Can the opposition work on a budget themselves ,so they can compare how they would have done it ?

Generally, no.

That's why when the Minister for Finance starts to read his speech the opposition are frantically leafing through the copy they received 10 seconds earlier to find something to give out about in their rebuttal speeches.

This year the opposition got the "we're all in this together, so you have to take half the blame" briefing so, in this case, I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

dresden8 wrote: »
    Generally, no.

That's why when the Minister for Finance starts to read his speech the opposition are frantically leafing through the copy they received 10 seconds earlier to find something to give out about in their rebuttal speeches.

This year the opposition got the "we're all in this together, so you have to take half the blame" briefing so, in this case, I don't know.

It's a pitty ,it would show us a great deal about all parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

dresden8 wrote: »
    The live register is up something like 70 or 80% for the year. They're up to their t1ts.

So whats stopping a transfer of people from other departments that don't have enough to do and getting them trained to take on the roles.

HSE is full of administrators and some of them don't need to be there.

Time to make efficient use of existing government resources if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Backlog of 70,000 unemployment claims, that is bad :eek: http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0312/welfare.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Daithinski

Offy wrote: »
    I think we can, they seemed to have learnt their lesson after Haughty and Bertie. With punishments like they received I think all politicians will think long and hard before breaking the law again. After all look at the consequences they have suffered for all the brown envelopes and dirty dealings. So OP I think you can rest assured they have our best interests at heart.

I hope this is sarcasm, but I fear it isn't.

Our best interests at heart? Theres a first time for everything I suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Daithinski wrote: »
    I hope this is sarcasm, but I fear it isn't.

Our best interests at heart? Theres a first time for everything I suppose...

lol that was either sarcasm or WOW! :eek:

I'd assume sarcasm, nobody could think that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭gearoidc

think we can, they seemed to have learnt their lesson after Haughty and Bertie. With punishments like they received I think all politicians will think long and hard before breaking the law again.

"Punishments"???:confused:

Exactly what "punishment" has our future Uachtarán received?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭gearoidc

OOops.
    Sorry. i missed the irony

Advertisement