Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Ramps - Who should I contact?

Options
  • 11-03-2009 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks (hope it's the right forum)
    I live in an estate in Cork surberbia - the estate is about 10 years old - There is a serious issue with cars coming into the estate.

The problem is the kids (and there is a lot of them) tend to play around the entrance into the estate and cars (even if not speeding) are blind to them.

I'm living here 5 years and have noticed some very near misses - most recently today.

Just wondering who is the best I contact about possibly getting some speed ramps in the estate - councillors ? TD's? Cork County Council?

Much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Start with your county council, and also speak to your councillors.

You should also speak with the Gardai, and your community officer, if there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Paulw wrote: »
    Start with your county council, and also speak to your councillors.

You should also speak with the Gardai, and your community officer, if there is one.

A good time to get councilers to do some, with an election due in june..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Fionn23

depends how old the estate is, whether the developer still owns the land or has handed it over to the council. if that is the case then it is the responsibility of the council

Advertisement