Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strangest Shot You've Ever Hit!

• 11-03-2009 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

While practising today I threw the dart as normal but the flight came out mid air landing on my shoulder, the dart went into the board but stem first right in the treble 20!:eek:

Anybody else experienced a freak shot like this before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

ratinakeg wrote: »
    While practising today I threw the dart as normal but the flight came out mid air landing on shoulder, the dart went into the board but stem first right in the treble 20!:eek:

Anybody else experienced a freak shot like this before?

jesus:eek::eek::eek::eek:. what a shot!, mine was. i threw my first dart into the treble 20, second into the stem of the first and third into the stem of the second darts. double robin hood. it was brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Double Top wrote: »
    jesus:eek::eek::eek::eek:. what a shot!, mine was. i threw my first dart into the treble 20, second into the stem of the first and third into the stem of the second darts. double robin hood. it was brilliant

That sounds very unlucky as It could've been a 180! Whats the odds on that shot? About a million to 1!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

I have seen the flight coming off mid air and the shaft sticking in the board before. Strange when it happens. Pity it does not count as a score! You should get double for it!!!

Strangest one I ever had was throwing from the side of the oche the dart kinda hit the board side on but the flight got caught in the number wire when falling to the floor and stayed touching the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Hit a tonne once with my first two darts under the treble 20 and the third bounced up and landed with the tip touching but not stuck in the treble, still counted as a score so happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Strangest i've had was when aiming for t20 and i hit single 15:confused::confused::confused:

The 15 pints of heineken had no effect i'm telling ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

While throwing league against a group of older gentlemen, I came across a guy that was wiring everything. He was getting so frustrated that he took off his flights and was acually hitting better.

He then took off the stems and threw the darts with just the barrel and was sticking all three darts together on the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

While throwing league against a group of older gentlemen, I came across a guy that was wiring everything. He was getting so frustrated that he took off his flights and was acually hitting better.

He then took off the stems and threw the darts with just the barrel and was sticking all three darts together on the board.

Is that even possible?:eek: I must try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Degag wrote: »
    Is that even possible?:eek: I must try.

At some point in his life he was US Special Forces.

I am not sure whatthey teach you in the Special Forces, but he had a knack for throwing things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

A couple of months ago I had 2 darts in treble 12(serious drift) the 3rd dart hit the 2 in treble 12 and deflect off into treble 20 - Now that's serious lateral stacking! Unbelievable angle of attack, should have taken a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Watching Jamie Harvey in an exhibition last year, he throws the dart backwards and was hitting 180s all night!!! Great showman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

Bluezar wrote: »
    Watching Jamie Harvey in an exhibition last year, he throws the dart backwards and was hitting 180s all night!!! Great showman!

i had that done againts me, the hammer (andy hamilton) was throwing his darts backwards for the doubles ,he had 48 left and hit 3 double 8s .and me thinking i was going to get a shot at a 100 no chance :D but a great exhibition shot .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

It makes you wonder why

a) if they can do those kind of shots backward, why they are throwing them forwards

b) why they dont hit as many 180's and double, ok there's more pressure on it but clearly if they can hit them backwards then forward should be simple for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

It makes you wonder why

a) if they can do those kind of shots backward, why they are throwing them forwards

b) why they dont hit as many 180's and double, ok there's more pressure on it but clearly if they can hit them backwards then forward should be simple for them

if someone threw a dart backwards and hit the double to win the match he would be always know as a show off, thinks it more to do with respect for your oppenent, when i'm playin with my mates i will go for double down on my knee and get them but would never do it in a match

Maybe I am only imagining this but I am sure that I read that Jamie Harvey hit a backwards D10 against Phil Taylor in a game. Asked why he did it in a post match interview he said he had missed it twice so tried to hit it throwing flight first and hit it. Taylor ended up winning the match.

Real or not?

Best exhibition shot I ever heard of (did not see it but know someone who was there) was John Part hitting Double 5 with his last dart. Does not sound interestin
    It was the last game of the night and Part had 40 left. He call single 20 with his first dart, hit it, called single 10 and hit that with his second and called D 5 for his last dart. He hit that. What was impressive was that for D5 he threw at a board that had been taken down earlier in the night so a new one could be used for the exhibition. The board was lying up against a radiator with double 5 turned roughly wear you would normally see D8. He had to ask people to move out of the way and to move a table. Threw for D5 at that board and hit it!!

Greatest exhibition shot ever??

Advertisement