Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row 2

• 11-03-2009 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Now when I got this I was abit skeptical, I liked SR1 but I felt that SR2 might try to be too much like GTA4, I also wasn't feeling in the mood for the whole "retarded" element of the game since I was addicted to GTA4.

That was then....... now I love the game, its endless entertainment, I know the graphics are abit kak compared to GTA4, but the hilariousness of everything you do is amazing, plus theres alot more unlockables than GTA and then when you do think hard about the game the sheer over-the-topness and ridiculousness can make you split your sides! It's pushing GTA for which is the better game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Am I the only one that actually likes the graphics?:P

I love it. Endless fun, especially on Co-op mode!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i bought it and brought it back the next day. Thought it was a useless game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I think its much more fun than gta4. Story is crap, but some great laughs to be had messing around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

hey, tell me about multiplayer, is 12 players the max in multiplayer??
    Also, does all the usual ai function in multiplayer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I thought it was great entertainment but i got fed up once i passed it and wasnt arsed finishing the activities.!

• Advertisement

I loved the game especially playing co-op. In co-op you can do every mission in the game with a mate (including activities) but even if you don't play the game with a mate its still great fun.

I went back to playing GTA 4 (never completed it) after completing Saints row 2 and while GTA obviously has better graphics etc its not half as fun as saints row 2. GTA takes itself way to seriously.

But that's just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Yeah, I bought saints row 2 and I must say its way more fun than GTA4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I got the game today but I didn't realize it runs under steam. I wouldn't have bought the thing if I'd known that. It's "updating" the game right now and won't let me play for 4 hours!!

I despise steam, I hate it with a passion.

This game is pretty ****. It took 8 hours to from putting the disk in till I could play it. The strangest problem is it runs to fast. It's impossible to control the cars they just fly off and turn too quick it's not even slightly realistic. I have to run everything maxed out or everything is see through. It's a weird game, maybe there's something wrong with my installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

ScumLord wrote: »
    This game is pretty ****. It took 8 hours to from putting the disk in till I could play it. The strangest problem is it runs to fast. It's impossible to control the cars they just fly off and turn too quick it's not even slightly realistic. I have to run everything maxed out or everything is see through. It's a weird game, maybe there's something wrong with my installation.

its not supposed to be realistic, If you want realism get gta iv :pac: and there have been numerous reports of the game stalling on pc. you should get it on a console

• Advertisement

No sorry, this game is trying to be cabbage and bacon but at best it's just cabbage. On foot it's a decent game but the driving is just woeful. GTA IV is a complete package, it lacks the variety of SR2 but it plays amazingly compared to SR2.

The handling of the cars is a joke, the sense of speed is all wrong the cars turn like their glued to the road it just doesn't feel right at all.

Hopefully a mod may come along to fix that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm so happy Saints Row exists

I dno wot else i wud be playin instead of GTA 4 coz i try to have fun on GTA 4 countless times but i only end up turnin it off after 10-15 minutes of gettin killed by cops too easy.

Saints Row brought back the fun that GTA 4 didnt deliver.

GTA 4 detoured to the Realistic Route, and now its turning almost into a simulation rather than an fun sandbox action game. I cant think of any other gta game wer ive gotten frustrated trying to stay alive after just a minute of a cop shootout.

I loved the whole you'll-never-take-me-alive! type of gameplay in the previous GTAs

Saints Row 2 is the best Sandbox game ive played on the 360 so far. Much more fun that GTA 4.

If im not playin GTA 3 or San Andreas on the original xbox and pc, im bashing away at Saints Row 2 on the 360. It's so addictive! :D:D:D

Advertisement