Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG-2 Decoder for Windows Media Player Help??????/

Options
  • 11-03-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

So after reinstalling my operating system i can't play DVDs using windows media player. Saying i need to get "MPEG-2"

I've tried downloading other codecs but they wheren't compatable with windows media player and it wouldn't work.

What should i download? Thanks.:confused:

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Open Source.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

google k-lite codec pack, and get the standard level package. all free.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mikey One

Overheal wrote: »
    google k-lite codec pack, and get the standard level package. all free.

I tried this but it hasn't worked. it says it's not compatable and i am getting this message, Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings.

Have tried changing the settings but still no.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Mikey One wrote: »
    So after reinstalling my operating system i can't play DVDs using windows media player. Saying i need to get "MPEG-2"

I've tried downloading other codecs but they wheren't compatable with windows media player and it wouldn't work.

What should i download? Thanks.:confused:

vlc play about everything

http://www.videolan.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mikey One

Rambo wrote: »
    vlc play about everything

http://www.videolan.org/

i tried downloading that earlier but it wouldn't work right, it was taking ages for a second to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Mikey One wrote: »
    i tried downloading that earlier but it wouldn't work right, it was taking ages for a second to go by.

You need to check that you graphics driver is working correctly
    after a reinstall of windows.
    The windows install may just have loaded a vga driver.

download the latest driver for you graphics card
    from the manufacture.

Advertisement