Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time/Project Management Software

• 11-03-2009 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

I'm currently in the process of launching a few businesses.

Right now I'm constantly bombarded by emails so I'm often sending 20 emails a day and then forgetting to follow up on them.

Is there any software out there whereby for managing things like this.

For example: I have a task A, I send an email. In the software I get a message 24 hours later about the task to say if it's been resolved or not and I can update it according to any updates that have taken place.

I also need some kind of time management software built in that allows me to schedule business meetings/calls and gives me reminders on that day and an hour/30minutes/x time before these events.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mande01

Money solution, use Microsoft Outlook, (tasks, calendar, follow ups, email etc..)

Free solution use Google
    In gmail you can add calendar as an add on in the main page or open it in a new tab
    Google calendar allows you to do all the items you listed above
    You can sync gmail and google calendar with you phone and you can also use them both off line as will.

Simply put, in gmail you can send an email, them set a reminder or meeting to prompt you to follow up.

If you want more information or help in doing these things (I don't know you PC/Internet skill) just ask back and I'll explain how both can be used.

I use google for all persons and my own business stuff, in day job we have Outlook.

Regards,
    Derry

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Only if you are used to microsoft project you could look at this
    openproj.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

If your using Thunderbird you could give Lightning a try. If not, Sunbird might be what you want...

Find both here:
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Teamhar

Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a good package, but maybe a bit more than what you need starting off. It'll handle your customer detail, sales activity, cases, tasks (email, phonecalls etc), comes with various reporting functions. It integrates nicely with Outlook. I guess it depends on your business, but for reference, I was exposed to when working for an IT company that handled a lot of customers, sales activity, case management, scheduling for engineers, a lot of tasks like phone this guy, email someone else. You get the idea. Its pretty broad and can probably do a hell of a lot more than what most people use. Customisable too and there are lots of add-ons.

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

Sugarcrm is decent for project management and time management. It's free too x.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JustOk

agree with Teamhar about Microsoft Dynamics CRM, great product. If you are ok to pay around 60 euro per user / month (its not an open source), then I would recommend to go ahead with it.

Advertisement